Chapter Forty-Seven

Start from the beginning

"Yanna, that's not nice. But I'm not disagreeing with you either." Azalea said and the teacher rolled her eyes.

Mrs. Kenneth got the promethean board to work and launched the YouTube app.

"Sorry guys, it looks like there is one of those ads that you cant skip. But its only 45 seconds. It won't do us any harm." She said and the class looked straight ahead at the board.

Light piano music began to play and they all saw a face that they recognized.

"Is that Aliya?" Kayoni asked and everyone began to talk amongst themselves. Chris and August never took their eyes off of the screen. Harris noticed August practically drooling and she kicked his shin.

"Aliya, the springtime collection." The VA said and everyone began to clap their hands.

"Can we watch it again?" someone shouted and the teacher just shook her head.

"She's not all that." Harris said and everyone turned to look at her.

"Girl you just mad cause you ugly." Azalea said and Harris rolled her eyes.

"Is that the only comeback you have?" Harris said and her cousin just smirked.

"Nah, it's just the first thing that I think when I see you." Azalea said and the teacher snickered.

"I'm sorry, that was highly inappropriate." She said before she began laughing.

"Again, what is wrong with you?" Avyanna said and the whole class began to laugh. "Nah, cause I actually want to know."

"Okay class, that is quite enough, let's get on with it." Mrs. Kenneth said trying to contain her laughter.

After School:

"So, who got an invitation to the MVP awards?" Chris asked his friends. "My mom wants to rent a limo. So just raise your hand or something."

He looked at his friends who all had their hands up. He then wondered if Aliya would like to ride with them.

"What colors are we thinking? Because Kayoni, Avyana and Azalea already know and I don't want to clash with anyone else." Neilah said and the boys shrugged.

"I'm thinking black and blue." August said.

"Cause that what you gon' be when Aliya see you up in that joint." Malachi snickered and the others did their best to refrain from laughing.

"That was outta pocket, Malachi." Neilah said and Malachi shrugged.

"What, it's not my fault." Malachi responded.

"Just shut up, this is part of the reason that I'm not going to the MVP awards with you. You're so insensitive." Neilah said and everyone got quiet.

"Okay..." Ja'Colby said and then he got up. "I'm going to head out. My mom wants me home for dinner."

"Hold up, can you drop me off, I'm on your way." Neilah said and he nodded.

"You want me to drop you off August or are you spending the night?" Chris asked and August shook his head.

"I'ma spend the night at Ja'Colby place. I'm tryna avoid Harris." He said and he nodded.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow then." Chris said and he and Malachi just looked at each other and sighed.

"Yo, you need to get your girl. She's wilding out." Chris and Malachi shrugged.

"It's whatever. She'll come 'round." Malachi responded.