𝑥𝑣. ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑚𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠

──・・𖦁・・──

──・・𖦁・・──

Recklessness isn't quite up my alley. That doesn't mean I never have been, I'm human. We all do irresponsible things from time to time. But I have never done anything as reckless as I am now. That's the thrill about it, though. The knowledge that I'm doing something I shouldn't, just because I can, pumps pure adrenaline through my veins. It's all worth the risk, though, just to see that devilish grin spread on Delilah's face, how she thirsts for an adventure more than anything.

"So," Delilah starts as I drive down the interstate. "Where are we going?"

I shrug. "You'll see."

"I can't even get a little tiny hint, Tristan?" I see her pout out of the corner of my eye.

"Nope. Sorry, cara mia, but this one's going to have to be a surprise." I respond.

"Did you...did you just say 'my dear'?" Delilah murmurs.

I furrow my brow, frowning slightly. "Did I?"

"You most certainly did. You called me 'cara mia'."

"Fuck. Sorry," I sputter out. "I'm sorry, I didn't even realize I had done that."

"I never said that it bothered me, Tristan." She chirps, her hand resting atop of mine on the gear shift.

I look down at our hands briefly, then return my gaze to the road. Even if I'm not looking at her, I know she's smiling. I am too. "I guess I'll keep saying it in that case."

"I...I think I'd like that."

After a few miles of bland interstate, the scenery shifts into the sprawling cityscape. As we enter the city, the skyscrapers that were once just dots on the horizon become intricately designed buildings, with people buzzing inside as they go about their day. Apartments, office buildings, shops, and more. You name it, it's there. Most of the buildings look nearly identical, but they're still beautiful as a whole. Deep in the heart of the city resides Sun Valley Plaza, a massive park in the center of the city's busiest district. Four blocks to the west is our old school, Sun Valley Preparatory School. I remember Delilah being over the moon when we got in. Her spot was secured, Michael had paid for both her and Alexander to attend. My future was much more uncertain. I wasn't rich growing up, so it was a miracle when I got accepted through a full ride scholarship.

"Are we going to the park?" Delilah asks.

"Yes, but I need to make a stop first. Just to pick up a few things, nothing major."

I turn onto an adjoining street, and then into the parking lot of Julia's. Delilah gasps and eagerly exits the car as soon as it's been parked. She runs to the door, motioning for me to move faster. Her happiness is infectious, and it's got me smiling like a teenager again. Once I've reached her side, she clasps my large hands between her two smaller ones.