Chapter 66 - Li Che

Start from the beginning

Meng Qi unhesitantly took off Li Che’s clothes.

Shen Zhengheng wanted to say something, but after opening his mouth, he said nothing. Meng Qi was a woman, and his disciple was a man. Since the woman didn’t mind, it seemed that there was no need for him to interfere.

Li Che looked delicate and weak, but his body was not frail at all. Under the firm skin were the muscles that didn’t look conspicious, but were full of strength. Between the shoulder bones on his back, a small yet complex array was drew. Around the array, four peach blossom branches protruded sideways into four directions.

Meng Qi’s eyes flickered slightly. The array on Li Che’s back looked a little different from that on Xue Lingfeng’s back. She raised her finger subconsciously and slowly traced her slender and cool fingers along the lines on the smooth skin.

Looked similar, but still a bit different. It seemed that the enemy used a set of similar arrays.

Meng Qi had seen many set of arrays before. For example, the Four Poles Great Array her Master taught her, both the original and variatons were part of one complete set. Another example was the Soul Chasing Five Elements Sword refinery array that was auctioned at the Heaven Auction House last time. That was also part of a set.

So, would there be a third or even fourth victim?

“Uh…” Li Che, who was unconscious, suddenly groaned. His eyes opened slowly, and he turned his head to the bedside. “Master…” He called out hoarsely.

“Xiao Che, how are you?” Shen Zhengheng took a step forward and supported his disciple.

“This disciple is alright.” Li Che’s voice was still a bit hoarse, “But, this disciple feels cold all over, as if being affected by a cold poison.”

“It’s the juice of afterimage grass mixed with winter plum blossom.” Meng Qi retracted her hand.

Shen Zhengheng nodded. Although medical cultivation in the Southern Realm was declining, Shen Zhengheng was still the leader of Canglang Academy, a medical sect that had been exist for thousands of years. His medical knowledge was still top notch.

“The poison that affects my disciple isn’t hard to solve. What makes it tricky is the prohibition array on his body.” He said solemnly: “I heard that Xue Lingfeng of the Xue Clan also has the same condition. I wonder what treatment method did Xue Clan use?”

“They are waiting for their Clan Head to arrive.” Meng Qi replied, “Miss Xue also has a similar array drawn on her back.

“Oh?” Shen Zhengheng looked at Meng Qi, “You said a similar array?”

Medical cultivators always had to be careful with their words, and Shen Zhengheng immediately noticed the meaning of Meng Qi’s words: “Young Daoist Meng seems to be proficient in arrays.”

After Li Che got poisoned, Shen Zhengheng personally examined his disciple, and naturally had seen the array on Li Che’s back. However, the study of arrays in Three Thousand Worlds had just begun to re-emerge in the past two hundred years, and still hadn’t been widespread yet. Shen Zhengheng also didn’t know much about arrays. Hearing Meng Qi used the word ‘similar,’ he guessed that the other party probably was proficient in arrays.

Shen Zhengheng cupped his hands at Meng Qi: “Please ask Young Daoist to enlighten me.”

He was being so polite to Meng Qi, half the reason was looking at Pei Mufeng’s face. The other half was because as soon as Meng Qi entered the room, she found the array on Li Che’s back, and even said something more, which rekindled Shen Zhengheng’s hope.