Brother

In Scotland...

Wanda's pov

Vision and I are in Scotland away from all the chaos. He stands at the window across from the bed where I sit. He reaches up to touch his forehead cringing in pain.

"Vis? Is it the stone again?"

"It's as if it's speaking to me."

"What does it say?"

"I don't... I don't know. But something... Tell me what you feel."

I press my hand against the mind stone but I can only feel him when my fingers touch his forehead.

"I just feel you."

He wraps his fingers around my wrist bringing my hand to press it against his lips. lacing our fingers together we walk out of our room to take a walk.

"So there's a 10 AM to Glasgow to give us more time together before you go back."

"What if I miss that train?"

"There is an 11."

"What if I missed all the trains? What if this time, I didn't go back?"

I look up into his eyes as he looks at me. After a short pause, I answered him.

"You gave Stark your word."

"I'd rather give it to you."

"There are people who are expecting me too, you know. We both made promises."

"Not to each other. Wanda... For two years, we've stolen these moments, trying to see if this could work. And... I don't know. You know what, I'm just gonna speak for myself. - I, I... I think..."

"It works."

"It works."

His eyes look pleadingly at me as he gently tightens his hand around mine.

"Then stay. Stay with me... Or not. If I'm overstepping..."

Suddenly I noticed a TV in a nearby bar announcing the invasion of New York, and the disappearance of Tony Stark.

"What are they..."

"What the stone was warning me about. I have to go."

"No. Vision. If that's true... Then maybe going isn't the best idea."

"Wanda, I..."

Corvus Glaive appears behind Vision before I can react he pulls out a knife stabbing him in the back.

"Vision!"

I got attacked from behind and knocked away from him. Corvus pins Vision down and tries to use a glaive to pull out the mind stone. I blast both of them away, grabbing Vision and propel us to a courtyard to rest in an alleyway.

"The blade. It stopped me from phasing."

"Is that even possible?"

"It isn't supposed to be. My systems are failing. I'm beginning to think... we should have stayed in bed."

Corvus Glaive arrives, suddenly knocking me back and grabbing Vision. He flies away with him.

"Vis!"

Regina engages me and we begin to fight. I don't know where Vision is till I hear him cry out. I finally manage to knock Regina away with my magic. Flying up to the roof I find Vision pinned to the wall. I cast a bolt of magic sending Corvus through the wall and down a shaft.

"Hands off."

I then try to fly us away but Regina uses her powers. We tumble out of the air smashing into the roof of a train station beneath us. I crawl over to Vision.