Chapter two ² | Frail wrists

Start from the beginning

"All good Charlie, I'll buy something from the canteen today." Milo wanted Charlie to eat his own food and not go hungry, he'd noticed Charlie's lack of appetite as of recent. Giving him a smile and wave before turning to leave looking over at Mr Ajayi.

"Hey Mr Ajayi, have a good one." Milo politely greeted him as he walked past, Mr Ajayi giving Milo a smile in return and a quick hi. Milo left humming a song to himself, Mr Ajayi wondering if Milo was going to join the art club this year.

"It's quite a while since you've hidden in here at lunch." Mr Ajayi stated looking over at where Charlie was when Milo had left.

Causing Charlie to say he wasn't hiding as he fidgeted with the case of Milo's wireless headphones, Milo had let him, Elle, Isaac and Tao draw on the white airpod case last year with permanent markers at lunch, the very next day Milo had walked in with his headphone case glazed over in protective glossy spray so the marker wouldn't wash or wear away with time.

Mr Ajayi asked what Charlie was doing in the art room then. Charlie held up his lunch box explaining the obvious that he was just there to eat lunch. Even so Mr Ajayi just in case asked if everything was really okay and if there was any bully or thing like that happening again. Charlie shot that idea down, not being bullied.

Mr Ajayi pleased to hear that but focused back on what Charlie was saying when he brought up another topic about there being someone, Mr Ajayi at first asking if it was a bully though Charlie shot that idea down again explaining he had a boyfriend now.

Mr Ajayi congratulates Charlie asking if it was Milo causing Charlie to become flustered hearing his friend being mentioned as he denied it being Milo saying it was someone else. Mr Ajayi kept back the comment about how he could have sworn the two would have looked good together instead just happy Charlie had a boyfriend now.

Though that also didn't last long when Charlie explained the situation he was in right now with his new boyfriend, on how he doesn't think Ben thinks they were boyfriends, how he was ignored by him sometimes, and how he didn't like people seeing them interact in public. Making sure not to actually tell Mr Ajayi who he's talking about.

Mr Ajayi asks if Charlie had talked to him about how he's been feeling about it though Charlie shoots that down with a quick no, causing Mr Ajayi to say he should try doing that then. Then Mr Ajayi gave a few more suggestions that only received 'I don't know' replies. Before his last suggestion being, to maybe talk to his friends about it. Charlie shooting it down once again, explaining they wouldn't get it because they weren't gay.

"What about Milo?" Mr Ajayi counters, causing Charlie to sigh glancing down at the headphone case.

"He's... He doesn't like labelling himself or at least he avoids talking about that stuff. How should I know?" Charlie responded, shooting down another one of Mr Ajayi's suggestions.

In the end Mr Ajayi advised Charlie to just talk to him about it, though Charlie didn't like the idea he knew that was the best idea.

• • • • • • •

"Charlie." Milo softly called out to the other teen who was walking ahead but not loud enough apparently for Charlie to hear, Milo needed his headphones back before school ended. Finally making it to where Charlie had stopped walking confused at what he was looking at before spotting where some girl and Ben were kissing.

Glancing at Ben then at Charlie a few times connecting the dots. How Charlie had tried talking to Ben in the halls only to be shot down. There was something between them and now Charlie was watching Ben kiss some girl in front of him.

"Oh Charlie." Milo hesitated as he spoke clearly realising the situation. Charlie looked at him briefly in Milo's knowing eyes. Grabbing Milo's hand not saying anything as he tugged him back towards the school, Milo letting him.