The Dinner

Phils POV

"Cat can go and stay with Dan today at lunch ?" I asked her in homeroom. "Sure, just us?" She asked "Cat, I'm telling my parents tonight with you and Dan there if you'll come to the dinner tonight." I said "So I was thinking we could go over it at lunch" "I'd be fine with it. Phil, you're my brother remember?" She said jokingly

Flash forward to tonight. We were eating dinner at my house and I was sweating through my shirt, lucky I had a jacket on so I could cover up the stains. Dan was on my left, Cat on my right, my father next to Cat, and my mother next to Dan. It was halfway through dinner and other than the starting greetings and small talk it had been silent. No laughing and no fight yet. Though I knew it was all going to fall apart very soon.

"So Dan." my father started "You dropped Phil off at our house a about month ago, why was that?" "Phil and I had a project together that week and I didn't want him being attacked." He lied. Damn he was prepared.

"Umm guys." I started "That's not the reason." Well this was it. "I don't know how to say this."

"Phil you can tell us." My mum said. I knew she would be the most disappointed with me, she wanted the grandchildren the most.

"It's not something easy to say but that night..." I said and got a lump in my throat but I swallowed it. This was it, Phil stop stalling tell them. You're gay. There was no doubt in my mind anymore. I didn't like girls, I liked boys, and Dan, he was next to me. Thoughts raced through my head and they made me hurt like hell, but I had to continue.

"I'm not like you want me to be." I started "I don't like Catherine. I like guys!" I said crying. "Actually..." I started saying but stopped. I wasn't gonna drag Dan into this right now.

"Phil? Is that true!" My dad said getting up. And standing over by the sink. "I can't believe it." my mum said tearing up and putting her head down on the table.

"I'm a disappointment" I said quietly "Phil it's not bad..." I heard Dan say "Phil it's who you are." Cat said and they both hugged me as well as they could in chairs. "I'm sorry guys but this is me." I said to my mum, she looked up and was crying. "It's ok-" she started

"Is Dan your boyfriend!?" My father said "No no not at all. He's just my friend." I looked over at him and saw his face. He looked sadder than me but if they couldn't handle me being gay they couldn't handle me dating Dan. At least I hoped we would be boyfriends once I told the school. "Phil you need to leave." My dad said

This is what I feared "PLEASE DAD!" I yelled but I already had my bag packed upstairs because I was sure this was going to happen. "Go pack your things. Get out of my house." My father replied.

"Yes Sir" I managed to say before running upstairs. I heard someone following me but I darted for the bathroom and locked the door.

"Phil!" I heard Dan yelling "Open the door!" I was crying and reached for the razor in the shower. "Please Phil!" I heard him screaming. I dragged the blade across my wrist, the feeling was indescribable. I tried to stop but it felt so good. Dan was still pounding on the door. After my spree of thrashes I had 5 cuts on my left arm. Dan was still yelling and pounding on the door. I washed the razor and put it back. I put a bandage over the cuts and pulled down my sleeve. I opened the door and saw Dan crying. "Phil..." He said and threw his arms around me. "I thought you we're going to do something stupid." He said "Come help me pack." I replied and pulled him into my room hoping he would never have to know that I did that.

Dan POV

I looked at his room. There was already a bag on his bed. "I pre-packed incase they wanted me out super quick."

He said "But I can take a little more time now." He headed over to his closet and pulled out some shirts. He threw them on the bed and the he went over to his dresser and took out some pants. I started to fold them all and then I opened his bag. I saw a stuffed lion on top and laughed. He was such a dork.

After he was all packed and came downstairs and hugged his mom. I realized Cat had left, I would have too. Phil's mum then came over to me and hugged me. "Take good care of him." she said into my ear "I will" I said back and she patted my back.

"Bye." Phil said out loud in the kitchen. He opened the door and said "By the way Dan's my boyfriend." and we both walked out the door and he shut it behind him. "Dan, what am I gonna do?" he said. He started to cry. "Phil, I already arranged this with my mum and told her everything. She said you're welcome to come and stay with us." I said "Really?" Phil asked "Yep!" I said, proud of myself. I opened the trunk door for him so he could put the bags in my car. "You ready?" I asked him as I shut the trunk. "Here we go." he said and I started up the engine and drove to my- our house.