chapter seven

Azeline's POV

He takes my hand softly in his, almost as if he's afraid I will pull away.
And I would. But I didn't want to. His hand felt warm. Safe.
So I let him guide me downstairs. The stairs are a pretty blue and white marble, with spots of black in random places.
I am lead through a living room to another doorway to a kitchen. And it's beautiful.
I have always loved cooking, even if I was forced to do many things for the pack, I didn't mind cooking. It gave my mind something else to think about. Gave my hands something else to do.

Bryan's POV

I stare at her as we enter the kitchen. She looks lost in thought, her eyes looking around the kitchen. Almost like she is here, but her mind isn't.
I thought she was going to pull away when I held her hand. But she let me lead her here. And now I don't want to let go.
"What would you like to eat?" I ask her, bringing her out of a trance.
She looks at me, her eyes searching mine.
I have caught that that's what she does to know about something.
If I am being truthful or genuine or anything else.
I notice how she is cautious of my movements, aware of the exits in a room.
From my knowledge, it is trauma response. Seemingly, from abuse. Physical. Emotional. Verbal.
As many as the signs, I can't take any actions or do anything unless she is ready to tell me if it's true. I won't do anything regarding her previous living situations without her knowledge.
"Bryan?" I shake my head, getting out of it. We both seem to love zoning out.
"Yeah? What did you say?"
"I would like some pancakes if that's okay?"
I smile at her.
"Of course. Let me make you some."
"Oh um-" She starts as I let go of her hand to make her pancakes.
I pause, waiting for her to say something.
"canimakethemmyselfplease." I tilt my head, confused.
"I am sorry, what did you say?"
"Can I make them myself, please?" I smile at her.
"Of course. Go ahead."
I see her face light up with a genuine smile as she heads towards the stove, rummaging through the cabinets for the ingredients.
I sit down on a chair, noticing her as she cooks.
Her brown hair that goes upto her waist. The way she moves softly on her feet, moving things around. She looks free. Happy, even.
"Would you like some, too?" She asks me, and then turns around, as if immediately changing her mind.
"I will make you some nonetheless." I smile wider at that.

Azeline's POV

"Thank you." I nod lightly, blush creeping on my cheeks.
Of course he would like some, why would you even ask that.
Shaking my head, I let making the pancakes distract me as I hum along to myself. I haven't felt this calm in a while.
I still can't trust him, but maybe I can let myself loose for a little bit.
Just a little bit.