Happy Shuyang Day - Shuyang Centric

paring-none (shuyang centric)
genre-fluff, 5+1

shuyang reminised quietly, distinctly remembering the five times the boys individually had comforted him when he cried, and the one time he didnt exactly need to be comforted, but the time they had all been there.

-1-

it was one of the first times he'd cried in front of his new bandmates, maybe the first time him and hanyu had been alone when it happened.

they both stayed back in their practice room long after their dance training had ended, both boys hoping to work on what they lacked as they prepared to debut as a team. he was young, really young. they both were. not to say he regretted training at his age, but he certainly greived for the poor 10 year old who sat on the practice rooms floor that day.

realistically, he had no idea what triggered it. maybe it was just the stress of the training, or the ache in his knees after dancing for so long, or the headache that had been nagging at him for the past hour. he didnt know, maybe it was a mix of everything, or maybe it was none of those. he wasnt worried about it at the time he had suddenly sat down on the floor, bursting into tears as he burried his face in his hands.

hanyu turned around at the sound, eyes landing on his small friend. he didnt know it back then, but the eldests heart had broken at the sight of shuyang crying. it wasnt the first time he cried in front of the boys, but it didnt hurt any less to see shuyang in such distress. he slowly approached the boy, always having been just a bit awkward whenever he saw people cry.

being it so long ago, he didnt actually remember what hanyu said when he kneeled down next to him and enveloped the younger into a tight hug. he remembered the 13 year old rocking the two of them back and forth as he tried to calm shuyangs cries, at least enough to the point they could talk to each other. the elder gently brushed his hair back as the boys cries turned into sniffles.

he had no memory of their conversation, only remembering how hanyu had comforted the boy for the next hour, even going as far as to welcome shuyang to sleep in his room with him that night (he did.) hanyu was quick to shut down the late night practice session, hurrying to pull the young boy into the house and get him fed before they crawled into bed, shuyangs head perched on hanyus arm as he snored softly.

-2-

looking back, he knew him and zihao were being stupid, playing around outside with zihaos skateboard even though shuyang had no knowlegde of how to ride it.

it had been shortly after their debut the two boys had been spending time outside in the sun, the other four preoccupied somewhere else. he remembered zihao laying on the grass as he let the warm rays rest over his face and exposed arms, warming up his already sun-kissed skin. shuyang, on the other hand, stood a bit further back on the pavement, holding the skateboard in one hand.

maybe he should have called zihao to come help him, or at least watch him as he attempted to ride the board, but for whatever reason, shuyang believed he was skilled enough to be a pro skateboarder with absolutely no experience whatsoever. he dropped the board onto the concrete, throwing his feet onto the equipment. he was doing well for maybe three seconds, before the board had slipped out from beneathe him, causing the boy to fall onto the ground with a loud thud.

he hissed as he hit the ground, hands and knees scraping into the pavement as zihaos eyes popped open. he looked towards his friend, realizing what had happened as he scrambled to get up off of the grass, running to go help shuyang. he remembered zihao asking if he was okay, the board that slowly rolled away being disregared completely.

shuyang struggled, replying with a choked 'im okay', as his eyes teared up. he felt a little pathetic, crying over falling off a skateboard as zihao coo'd. he was quick to pull the younger to his feet, helping the boy into the house as shuyang embarassedly burried his face into zihaos shoulder. zihao whispered words of comfort as he patched up the scratches all over shuyangs knees and arms.