Happy Xinlong Day - Xinlong Centric

pairing- none (xinlong centric)
genre- fluff

you could say the day 'started' by being jumped on by shuyang at 12:17am, an excited 'happy birthday gege' being whispered into the night, but xinlong could barely remember it by the time he had woken up. though he could remember walking downstairs early in the morning, greeted by the eldest and zeyu sitting in the living room, the others not being awake yet he assumed. zeyu was the first to jump up, running to xinlong and wrapping him in a hug.

"happy birthday!" the youngest in the room sang out, excitedly bouncing on the front of his feet. xinlong laughed, still slightly clouded with sleep as he rested his chin on zeyus shoulder whilst lazily holding the boy. He looked over the youngers shoulder, finding hanyu smiling at the sight of the boys before him. xinlong grinned, letting go of zeyu slowly, allowing the boy to sit back down before he made his way to the eldest. jokingly, the boy dropped himself onto the couch, leaving his upper body laying over hanyus lap. hanyu laughed, as well as a tired groan as he pretended to shove xinlong off.

"17 years old and still trying to cuddle, wow." he joked, causing said 17-year old to let out a loud laugh. he shoved hanyus hands away as he made an attempt to somewhat turn over and hug hanyus torso from where he lay, the position already awkward. a hand gently ruffled through xinlongs hair, the other patting his shoulder gently. "happy birthday longlong." xinlong hummed happily, zeyu begining to talk, though xinlong didnt find himself listening too much, and instead trying to sleep again.

though the time spent between the three boys was somewhat short lived, as two pairs of feet we're heard walking into the room, and there was a sudden weight on xinlong. the boy let out a shocked noise, followed by some complaint from hanyu (whos legs he still laid on) as mingrui seemed to latch himself onto the birthday boy.

"happy birthday, you're one year closer to death." the words came from zihao, who was playfully pushing on mingrui and shaking now stack of people that laid on hanyu. xinlong could feel mingruis laugh against his back, before he rested his cheek on xinlongs shoulder blade.

"how lovely, zihao." zeyu said sarcastically from somewhere around the second oldest, who only giggled in his teasing way, as he normally would.

"happy birthday long-ge!" mingrui greeted happily, once again the vibrations from mingruis voice hitting xinlongs back. he quietly thanked both boys, and let himself lay in the comfort of the people around him. even though the pressure of the teenage boy who currently was laid across his back was a bit much, it was in a way that made xinlong feel loved. he heard hanyu question when the two of them were planning on getting off him, but neither of them seemed to make any attempt to move, and he couldnt imagine the eldest being that upset about it in reality.

"was no one gonna come get me?!" the betrayed voice of shuyang bounced off the walls, as xinlong could assume the youngest padded into the room still dressed in his night clothes. he laughed, though he wasnt sure it could be heard before another weight was added onto xinlong, an exasperated 'oh my god' coming from hanyu. zihao and zeyu seemed to find the growing pile of boys funnier than the others, loud laughs coming from both of them. xinlong could only reciprocate the noise, practically crushed by the two other boys. "i hope you all know i greeted him first by the way. losers." shuyang teased, xinlong could hear him lightly smacking mingruis back. there were few words exchanged at the boys statement, but xinlong paid no mind. he'd much rather bask in the presence of his friends (though he'd more consider them family).

eventually, the stack of 3 boys moved off of their eldests lap, after being informed 'my legs are tingling, your gonna cut off my blood circulation, my legs will fall off'. xinlong now sat on the floor with zihao clinging to his back after protests from mingrui claiming that was 'his spot'. their living room was considerably spacious, though it seemed none of them had any desire to use the space to their advantage, only sitting in a small group near the couch. shuyang and zihao were both leaning on xinlong, and the third oldest found himself inclined to fall asleep as the sound of talking flowed in one ear and spilled out the other. though he knew they had plans for the day, those came later, and right now he was more than happy to be in the company of the rest of the boys.

"oh yeah, i forgot." mingrui mumbled, jumping up off the couch, wandering away from the living room and to another place in their semi-large house. hanyu chuckled from where he sat, it seemed that only he and mingrui were aware of what the boy was doing, as the others looked around at each other in confusion. minutes later, mingrui was back, shuffling his way into the room backwards as he giggled to himself. "ready?!" he questioned excitedly, still not having turned around, yet standing in front of xinlong. the boy made a noise of approval, before mingrui wirlled around to reveal a cupcake sitting on a plate, one candle pushed into the top and lit. xinlong let out a content laugh, as mingrui smiled proudly while holding the plate out to the boy. xinlong took it, admiring the icing and small decorations on top. he handed it to shuyang, asking the younger to hold it as he folded his hands together and shut his eyes tight, making a wish silently. the room was quiet for the following seconds, until xinlongs eyes popped open and he took the plate back from shuyang. the candle was blown out (of course, with help from zihao and shuyang who sat beside him), and a cheers of 'happy birthday' filled the room. though he knew their quality time all together would come to an end soon, as they needed to go do other things through out the day, he sat silently in the presence of his friends, a smile stuck to his face.

// something short because it was xinlongs birthday today🥰🥰🥰