Chapter 2 - Gorgeous Distraction

Start from the beginning

He holds onto my pinkie with his. "I really hope you're right about this," he replied. I'm about to get up from my squatting position when he asks, "Can I hug you before you go?"

I am so confused. What am I supposed to say? Sorry, I don't know how to hug. I probably look way too stunned at this question so I quickly responded while squatting back down to his eye level, "Uh, yeah, sure. Of course, you can hug me, G."

He puts his tiny arms around my neck and weakly pulls me to him. I mean weak to me but strong for such a small kid. I close my eyes and smile. After a couple of seconds, the silence is broken by him saying, "Did you call me 'G'?"

"Yeah, I did. Do you mind me calling you that?" He lets go of me and shakes his head with a big smile on his face. "Your hair smells really good."

"Thank you. You're such a sweet kid, you know that?" It seems like he's not told that enough from his expression. "So are you!" Man, I love this kid already.

"I wish I didn't but I have to go now. Bye G; bye Luke." Giuseppe says bye, and Lucas says, "That's not my name, Aila," as I'm walking away. "It is now!"

_________________

Walking turned into running again until I ended up at Eoghain's door. He answered it and obviously saw how I was breathing heavily and sweating so he ushered me into the house and sat me down on the small couch in his foyer.

"What happened, Ail?" he asked urgently. "Angelo, the bastard, didn't pay his debts so two langars came and tore up the house looking for him and found me instead."

"That asshole! He knew what could've happened and he left you there! I could kill him." Man, he's dramatic. "Calm down, Kelly. It's fine. I got away and they're too ridiculously dumb that they won't be able to track me down right now."

"Are you hurt? Why's your face bleeding?" he exclaims while frantically looking me over to make sure I'm okay.

"I'm fine. He hit me with his gun because I wasn't talking and it's not a big deal so don't make it one. Where are your parents?"

"They're in Manhattan, why?"

I keep forgetting that he has such a functional family. I mean, everybody trusts each other and tells each other everything instead of breaking down from holding everything in so of course he's able to go from Manhattan to the Bronx by himself. "No reason, I just forgot that you don't need to have other people here."

His family's houses are also basically mansions. I mean, they're rich as fuck. Seriously. I don't get why you'd want so many massive houses. I get that there are so many people that want that rich, glamourous life with all the cars, money, properties that are all modern and shit all at your disposal but I am not one of those people. I don't think I could deal with being in the spotlight; modern houses usually have a bit too much glass but I love the sun so maybe having more glass than a normal house would be great; I'd need one, small house and working for enough money that living becomes pretty easy. That's it.

Cars, on the other hand, I would love to decorate, trade, buy, sell, and race. Eoghain helps me so much with that but of course, they're still his so I can't do everything that I'd want to do with cars if they were mine.

I probably went into a daze because Eoghain was waving his hand in front of my face to snap me out of it. "You okay?" he asked. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Come on, let's go clean up your cut," he held my hand and brought me to the kitchen. I sat on the counter as he grabbed the first-aid kit because I don't know how to fucking use it. He just used rubbing alcohol after the blood stopped and cleaned the blood around my face.