Introduction

The scraping sound of my spoon against the empty can sounds throughout the trees. I lick the spoon, although there is nothing on it - reminding myself to search the shop a few houses down.

I had been wondering for almost an hour to find a semi-circle of four houses, a petrol station and a corner shop so I decide to stop and sleep in one of the houses but it looked like the person who was here last took whatever was left. Except for a few clothing items..thank God, I stank. I desperately grabbed a white t-shirt - one that wasn't soaked in blood and a pair of shorts so I wouldn't sweat my ass off running from walkers.

I slide down the railing on the staircase and steal my revolver from the wooden, rickety table, slipping it in my boot whilst grabbing my knife, just incase, before peeping out of a small crack in the wood. Only two infected stumble in the street, passing to the right. That's away from the corner store, great. No need to kill anyone today. I slowly, but carefully, open the creaky front door and slide it shut behind me.

Making my way round the back of the hopefully abandoned buildings, keeping full attention of my surroundings, I sprint to the back door of the corner shop where I believe it'd be most safe to enter.
I silently sigh, grabbing my gun and pressing my body against the door. I hover my fist over the door and press my ear against it. I wait and listen for any noise which could indicate there were any walkers inside..but hear nothing. My fingers linger on the knob as I twist it and open it with great force, raising my gun inside. "Put your weapon down, little girl"
an unfamiliar voice demands.