Chapter 0 and 2/4ths: Let's Get Started

Let's Get Started

Hey 'tronics, guess what?" Freddy announced excitedly as he came bounding down the road from somewhere in the distant town. "Someone named InkyTheInk gave us something called a "laptop" and told us to use a website called Amazon to find everything we need to fix up the place."

The animatronics cheered as the bear approached, holding up the mysterious object dubbed a "laptop". A shiny, black rectangle with pretty lights and pictures connected to what looked like a flattened typewriter keyboard, it had to be something from the future. Being so old, none had ever seen technology this impressive, and it showed. 4 hours went by with the fish out of temporal water animatronics sat huddled at a Sonic's attempting to use the futuristic piece of tech. Freddy hoped that no one would notice ruined, ragged remains of animatronics struggling to connect to WiFi while getting coffee, but of course, quite a few did; a few parents and children passed by the huddled group trying to type, and as expected, many looks were thrown about concerning the situation.

With the assistance of a few very gracious samaritans, the items were bought and sent off. In that time of waiting, the animatronics got to work, clearing out the ruined building as best they could; hauling out the dirt and debris that filled the destitute area to the brim. Days of small repairs went by until the items were delivered, and when that happened, a new wave of restoration and determination flooded over the bots. The waterlogged tech was dried and salvaged, as were the toys. It wasn't perfect, but it would do just enough to take it into the professionals. Foxy and Mangle set to work drying and sorting out items to be sold, while Chica used the baking soda and vinegar to kickstart a few chemical reactions to clean and kill the mold which worked many wonders on the whited windows. She even mixed the vinegar and bleach, though thankfully some passersby stopped her before any lethal concoctions were created. Work filled the air and busied them all, except for Springtrap. He stood far away from the others, not wanting to approach for fear of Purple Guy's ghost rearing up once more and hurting someone. They had already had several incidents, and he didn't want to risk his friends. Not like this, not when they were so close to restoring what once was theirs.

"Ahh termites. Stupid insects." Chica yelled angrily, flailing around as she slammed sticks and rocks into the walls. Sure enough, termites were crawling all over, infesting the walls and floors with a horrifying magnitude. Thinking quickly, Springtrap reached for a dried stick left near the road and dragged it across some rough cinder block, setting it alight with a bright spark of flame. Fire in servo, he held it close to the insects, burning them away and torching their hideouts. "That was really useful. Thanks for the help, Spring." Mangle thanked, tossing a thumbs-up into the air at her bunny companion before bounding on over to him with a more serious question in mind. "By the way, how have you been doing since the fire?" Mangle asked. "You seem a little less energetic than before.

Springtrap shrugged in confusion. "Can't tell honestly; guess we'll have to see what happens as time passes. But right now, I'll be fine; pizzeria restoration is going well...I hope."

Mangle nodded in agreement. "I think so too. With luck, we'll be done before the year is out. And hey, if you ever need to chat, come find me or Nette, or anyone else; we're all here for you, Spring."

"Thanks, Mangle. I appreciate that."

Their moment was swiftly interrupted by Freddy dashing up to them holding what looked like even more futuristic technology, very futuristic technology.

"'Tronics! Guess what? This guy named 477Crew gave us this "hi-tech" cleaning supplies." he spoke, grinning madly. "Gang, let's get this place back together." Springtrap announced, holding up a mop with a new enthusiasm to his demeanor. Cheers were yelped from all corners of the building and the bots rushed to grab something to use. Debris was cleared off, whatever was left standing was washed and cleaned until it shone with a familiar lifelessness and creepy absence of light and hope in them. It wasn't perfect, and it would be a long way to success, but it was a start, and after the disasters that plagued their life, this was the first sign of some true success for the long term.

Author's Note

Crew and Inky are two users from FF.net who interacted a little and I made them canon. They're secret sponsors in-universe.