Darling

Kochanie means love/darling in Polish ( I fucking Hope, given that my source is the internet LOL)

It's a Bucky x Reader and Zemo (platonic) x Reader thing // If you wanna reach and squint maybe it can be romantic, but I don't think lol.

Abrupt end. 

my focus was only a scenario where Bucky is jealous of Zemo.

I like drama

Word count: 2925

Darling

It wasn't that (f/n) was always so guarded that people would assume she was jaded. In fact, the young woman truly believed that everyone deserved the benefit of the doubt.

She had it in her heart to retain that somewhat optimistic trait, even in spite of the bitterness she'd come across.

She liked to see the good in everyone, yet, all the same, she liked to think that she wasn't entirely naïve.

She wasn't an oblivious fool, but rather, soft at heart.

Everyone deserves a chance, right?

'Even him...' (f/n) thought to herself. 'At least, for now.'

When she started to notice the Baron's behavior towards her, she became wary, not knowing what to really feel.

"- Why are you being so nice to me?" the young woman asked with a scrutinizing gaze, trying to figure out his strategy, because a good part of her was convinced there had to be some type of game he was trying to win at.

'I just don't understand,' she thought with genuine uncertainty as to what she should feel.

Part of her really wanted to look past everything and just hope he was actually helping out. For the mission, she wanted to do that, but it was waging wars with the part of her that loved her friends.

It battled with the part of her heart that had fled along with Steve when he had to go into hiding.

It argued with the person that stayed back and sat with Tony, sadly gazing at his beaten form, crying because she remembered the instance where during their fight she'd almost gone in for a kill shot.

For just a fraction of a second, she had gone in with the intention of actually hurting him, and while she'd recoiled the second she realized it had happened, there was a moment where they were enemies.

There was a moment where he looked at her with disdain and utter betrayal.

And Rhodey?

Rhodey didn't deserve what happened to him either.

There was so much that happened because of Zemo's vindication. So many lives were lost, and so many things just could not be reversed.

With halting steps, the male then released a short huff of amusement,

"can't I just be friendly?" he asked her as he lightly bowed before sliding a small teacup over to her from the other side of the table, urging her to take it with a lax motion of his hand.

"No," She breathed, still staring at him, trying to finally determine if he had a hidden motive or not.

"- You didn't really like me before," She recalled, and at that, he let another chuckle escape before he nodded, "Once again, It was not personal," he reminded her, making it seem as though it were all the explanation that had been needed.