48. Khushi's dance partners

Depuis le début

He stepped in only when they stopped amidst giggles and picked Aru while addressing khushi,

"Tum payal chankao aur main na aau ye kabhi hua hain? (has it ever happened that I didn't come after hearing your payal's sound)?" he asked her as she was wiping her sweaty face with a face towel and handed one to him for Aru. "wow, she is one heavy baby." Arnav said putting Aru down.

"Psst Arnavji nazar mat lagaiye hamari beti ko. She's just healthy and its baby fats which will go away!" Khushi never liked when anyone commented on her kids' weight, not even Arnav! She felt it jinxed them. Even Chiku was a chubby baby but now he had lost most of that weight and she knew Aru would too.

"Arre, I am not saying like that. Ok, fine. By the way which song did you select for us?" he was curious but she didn't answer,

"You'll see." she replied saucily and went to attend her other daughter, Pari, who now demanded her time for her own things...

--*--

On the evening on naamkaran, an excited crowd of Raizadas, Guptas and Sharmas were moving around, first for the main ceremony and later for dances! Not that it was a competition, but dances are a way of our culture to express joy and enjoy the small moments on stage.

Soon, Anjali announced the baby's name, Palash, as was chosen by Payal and Akash and everyone cheered for this new Raizada.

And then came first performance of the evening, Khushi and debuting with her, Arohi!

Aankh me kajra baal me gajra, Bindiya jo lagayi re, Dekhke teri mast jawaani, Chanda bhi sharmaye re
(Kohl in eyes, flower-string in hair and a bindi, seeing your beauty even moon is ashamed)

Everyone clapped when a cutely dressed Arohi danced with her mamma, while buaji kept taking their balaye (a hand gesture to ward off the evil), a proud dad of Arohi's was busy taking lots of photos on his phone and recoding it to reminisce for the rest of their lives! Sure, Aru's steps weren't as clean for a 2-year-old but she had terrific energy and that was visible.

The next performance was Mamaji and mamiji, who danced on 'Ae meri zohra jabeen' and next was Piya and Ckiku who did their own thing on 'Swag Se Swagat'. Anjali and her husband, Navin danced on 'Raabta'.
Even Nani surprised them all when she declared she had prepared a small performance too and then danced on 'Madhuban mein Radhika naache re'.

And like every time, the most awaited performance was by the star-couple of their family, Arnav-Khushi. When she had told him this song, for a minute he was disappointed that it wasn't what he had asked but a Bollywood song again, but when he heard the lyrics, he understood, it was 'their song'!

Koi kami si thi jeene mein, Jana yeh humne kahan (there was something lacking in my life, I never understood)
Aise mile ho jaise humpe, Ho mehereban yeh Khuda (you met me as if God's mercy on me)
Main wari jawan, Main wari jawan, Satho ki ho ya ek sur re, (I'll sacrifice myself for you, it's as if seven sur have become one)
Rab di marzi hai,Apna yeh milna, Barsa hai hum, Pe uska noor (Our union is God's wish, His light has been shining on us)

Piya o re piya, Piya re piya re piya

As every time, it ended amongst huge applause, but two people were in their own world!

It was a grand and successful function and after an equally grand dinner, they all retired for the night.

--*--

"Dance with me." She said as they stepped in their bedroom after putting their kids down to sleep.

"What?" He asked, surprised.

"Dance. With. Me." She repeated.

"But we just did, downstairs." he was confused. Sure he had thought she would have thought of his wish but when she picked that beautiful song earlier, he didn't mind. Now what was she up to?

"Exactly. That was for the audience, this one is for us!" She bit her cheek from inside, her eyes reflecting the same playful glint, something they had on a night long ago in their farmhouse, a day before their remarriage.

"Meet me here after 20 minutes." Saying so she pushed him out to poolside and quickly pulled the costume, a beautiful knee length, black satin dress she had brought keeping this night in mind. Once she changed her dress, she put a nude make up with only a gloss on her naturally pink lips and finally let her hair loose, with just few side pins so they don't come on her face while dancing.

And when she opened the door for him to step in their bedroom, he was mesmerized once again! He had never thought his one challenge would be taken to this height by her but he had no complaints! Just as he was wondering on her choice of song, he had another surprise, an English song with rather bold lyrics,

Don't blame me, love made me crazy, if it doesn't you ain't doing it right
Lord save me my drug is my baby I will be using for the rest of my life

She extended her hand for him and in daze, he held her small palm and watched with excitement and in-trance as his wife danced around him, for him and with him!!!

--*--

A/N – I love dancing myself so enjoyed writing this one a lot, hope you guys liked reading too :). I could totally see this picture of Khushi and that Jr. ASR dancing with her, like her dada! And then of course, Khushi's long time dance partner ASR sr. toh hain hi! :P I was going to make them dance on Senorita (Camila Cabello's) but then this one from Taylor swift is an old favorite and suited more! Sorry, I couldn't add lyrics of all otherwise it would be a longgg chapter lol.

About Arohi - Yes, she is going to follow Khushi's footsteps in dance later on :) More about it in future sneak peeks.

I'll try to squeeze in Mother's day chapter before future sneak peek :)