"Soft Flare"

On the final day of the break given to the students due to the USJ, the group could be found hanging out in the Bakugo living room playing Parcheesi. The game that-

"That's some bullshit!" Itsuka shouted indignantly as she watched two of her pieces be sent all the way back to base. She threw Juzo a hateful look. "Vengeance will be mine."

The lipless teen smirked. "Yeah, well you'd have to hope you get a double five." He said cockily. "Now I have another twenty spaces to move." And he proceeded to do just that, while Itsuka ground her teeth in irritation.

The goal of the game, you see, was to get all four pieces to home, 108 spaces from the original base. Other players could stop you by landing their pieces on yours.

Well, it's a bit more complex than that, but oh well.

After Juzo moved his twenty, he held out his hand with the die to Yui. "Just get better at the game, buddy." He taunted Itsuka again. Then he turned back to You in confusion, wondering why she hadn't taken the cubes from his outstretched hand yet.

Kodai was staring into space, not even remotely paying attention to what was going on around her. Juzo waited a couple more seconds, before trying to get her attention when she remained unaware. "Um, Kodai...?"

Yui blinked, suddenly yanked back into the reality around her. She stared at the boy beside her for a few seconds, before realising what was up and quickly taking the die from him, rolling them herself with a murmur, "Sorry."

From the other side of the table, Izuku spoke up. "Yo, Yui, you alright?"

The raven haired girl stared down at the board, nodding once as her hair covered her eyes. "I'm fine!" She squeaked.

Setsuna blinked. 'Now that is the most expressive I have ever seen that girl. Later, I'll have to get her to spill what happened~' She mused with a smirk as Yui moved her pieces according to the dice number she rolled and handed the dice to Itsuka.

Even Izuku himself was a bit curious about what was on Yui's mind. Even if it was hard to read her expression sometimes, her reaction there had spoken volumes. 'I hope she's okay.' He thought, a small hint of worry making its way onto his own expression. But he decided to brush it off for the moment and continue the game.

But the girl in question didn't notice their reactions in the slightest, too preoccupied with her own thoughts.

Yui had something on her mind, something of the utmost importance. She wanted to understand why she felt the way she did about Izuku. Though she was never the most outgoing, she wasn't exactly a social recluse either. She'd had friends before, girls and some boys.

So why exactly had she never felt like she did around Izuku before?

Just being around the boy could make Yui feel different. Her chest felt hot when he was around, and he was always running around her mind. Even-

She was suddenly dragged out of her thoughts yet again, this time by Itsuka hitting the desk with her face.

"Ha! Suck it!" Izuku shouted. Itsuka had just had another one of her pieces sent back to base. In order to get out of base, you need to roll a five on the dice.

"Oh, I hate you." Kendo jokingly remarked.

.

.

.

At around two, everyone was getting their belongings together as they prepared to leave. Juzo and Fukidashi both had other things to do that day, and the group mutually decided to break up early that day.