When evan had walked back into his room he hadn't been expecting to see Ben any time soon. He'd just been going about his morning like normal, he'd gone to wake up Andrew, whose door was locked this morning for some reason. He paid it no mind as he went back to his room, before doing anything else he went to straighten up his bed. The only problem with that was once he'd picked up his blankets to straighten them out something felt a bit off. He hadn't thought anything of it until he'd heard a small sound from his mattress. Once he took the time to look he almost dropped the blankets back onto him. Ben was sitting on his mattress staring up at him with fear on his face. It almost looked the same as when he first met him. His heart sank when he watched how Ben cowered away from him. He'd reach out a hand only for Ben to flinch back, keeping a trained eye on Evan's hands the whole time. Evan was quiet for a moment as he took in Ben's small form. He slowly knelt down on the ground, noticing how even then Ben's small body tensed in response to his movements. His eyes softened as he saw how Ben still was frightened, he could understand why of course, but still it was heart-wrenching to come to terms with. Evan knew he was the reason for Ben's fear, it was obvious. He just wanted to let him know he was safe. "Hey.." Evan said softly. He was going to reach out a hand to try to comfort his friend, but he decided against it. Now probably wouldn't be the best time for that.With an air of calmness around him he backed away from the bed to give Ben a little more space. "..It's ok" He said, his tone not more than a whisper. He waited to see if Ben would respond, though he didn't , he only continued to stare.It was worrying how the usually energetic and talkative little guy was not stunned and staring at him in silence and he couldn't help but feel awful for being the one to have caused it. "Ben please..."

Ben couldn't speak, he didn't know why he just couldn't. He was frozen and he didn't know why. He wanted to tell Evan he was fine, but his body betrayed him as it refused to let him. He could tell Evan was worried, Evan wasn't very good at hiding that in general anyways. So he just sat there, staring blankly only ever so often attempting to speak but with each attempt falling short whenever he tried to open his mouth.

"Please just say something. Are you hurt? What even happened?" He asked. He was sure that Ben had left during the night. Why else would he have not said anything when the alarm went off? But if that was the case then why had he been on his bed to begin with? Evan supposed he could have just stopped by to say good morning, but it was early and he hadn't actually seen him on the bed. Plus he'd left the door wide open. Knowing Ben was a 'risk taker' it wasn't hard for him to imagine him hiding somewhere even while the door was open, but that would've been on the desk. At least that's where Ben tended to pop up the most when he wanted to talk. "I'm sorry I-" before Evan could get the words out there was a sudden knock on his door. Evan acted on pure instinct when he heard the turning of a doorknob behind him. His hand shot out for Ben who had jumped up and begun to bolt. Evan felt guilty for having to grab Ben like that but there wasn't anything else he could think to doAndrew walked into the room. Evan had to quickly shove Ben under the blankets before Andrew could get through the door.

Andrew walked into the door to see Evan frantically shand up from kneeling down by the bed.. "Morning Andrew" Evan said as he made a quick few steps over to Andrew.

"Um...Hey Evan, watcha up too?" Andrew watched as he looked at Evan's bed. It was like he was hiding something. "You ok?" He asked.

Evan quickly nodded "Yep!" Evan said loudly. "I'm fine. Totally fine" He said as he tried to keep his eyes away from the bed to avoid any more suspicion than there already was. "So what do you need?" He asked quickly. "I was kinda trying to get to class early, I need to talk to someone" He said, trying to think up something on the spot so Andrew would leave him alone faster.

Andrew didn't say anything for a moment.; He looked to Evan, then the bed once more deciding it was better to just let it go. "Well I was just gonna ask what time you think you'll be home today, I wanna know If I should make dinner or if you wanted to pick something up"