𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟: 003

Start from the beginning

"Don't you remember last night?"

Last night?

Oh god-

"Don't tell me we fucked-"

"No! No!" He waved his hands frantically, a wild blush coating his face. "We did not," He cleared his throat. "We did not make love." That's cute.

You let out a sigh, hand pressed against your supple breast. "Oh thank, God."

"Yea, thank God- wait what's that supposed to mean-"

"Anyways,"

"Hey!"

"What happened last night hm?" You questioned, turning on your coffee pot. Wukong watched as you opened the coffee canister to scoop out the grinds. "Last night, you mentioned how lonely it got without MK around anymore." He noticed the way your form faltered slightly as you filled the pot with water, his eyes softening when you meekly poured it into the large bass. "You also said, you didn't want to be a burden on him by always asking him to visit."

"He's just one guy, one day he's off saving the world the next he's working his ass off at Pigsys." You mummer, reaching up to grab a glass mason jar. "I see it, I see him. I know he's stressed, so the only thing I can really do is be there for him when I can," You grabbed another jar for your currently univited guest, it felt oddly comforting, ranting to him--even tho you hardly knew him, he seemed patient, and attentive when you talked to him. Maybe that's why you continued to spill your worries to him. "even if it means hardly seeing him." Wukongs tail flickered behind him, ear twitching at every noise you made as you prepared the coffee, he could hear the slight sorrow in your voice, the way your words wavered, even if you didn't notice it, he did. "And I'll wait as long as I have to," You shrugged, "maybe it's because i've practically raised him, he'll i did raise him--so when he left I just- I don't know." You scrunched up your face, shaking the caramel sauce into the jars. Looking back at him, you tried to keep your composure.

"Is it- is it wrong for me to feel like this?"

The Monkey King pursed his lips. "No." His answer was simple, but left so much reassurance behind it. He wasn't the best at comforting people, it was obvious, tragically so. His eyes held truth.

Litteraly

So when he stood there, purely confident in his answer it left you feeling, ok. Not completely better, but better nonetheless. You giggled, "You like ice in your coffee?" He snorted, "I don't too much like coffee." You huffed, "Well, you are today." Rummaging through your fridge you pulled our the coffee creamer and placed it on the counter. Wukong gave you a look. "White chocolate raspberry, " He raised a brow. "With caramel sauce,,,"

"Don't knock it til you try it smart ass." He huffed, crossing his arms as he balanced his weight on his tail. Waiting for you to finish he finally got a better look around your studio apartment. Various plants decorated the walls and ceilings, lavish curtains that held meaning behind each stitched design, posters and art threaded each corner--record labels hung up in another. You had racks of clothes hung up and shoes scattered around and about, everything was so.

Aestheticly pleasing.

"So, thank you-" He replied, taking the mason jar from your hands, the ice in the glass clinking slightly. "So, what do you do for a living?" Tipping his head back to take a sip he blinked at the glass owlishly. "Wow, this, this is good." You snorted, a teasing 'mhm' slipping through your lips before taking a swig st your own beverage. "I work in child care--since genes are able to be genetically modified people- especially the rich have been popping our kids left and right--and people are willing to pay a lot of money for taking care of their offsprings so I'm making easy money doing something I enjoy doing." Maybe it had something to do with MK that made you so infatuated with children, their innocence was admirable and their easy going nature was adorable. You missed the way the Monkey King stared at you, wide eyes, and exagertedly, comical expression on his face.