the introduction.

Start from the beginning

Despite still disliking Nancy, the boy didn't stop himself from walking towards her. Occupying the space beside her other male friend.

When he reached them, Nancy was quick to inform him on their conversation. "Arlo, please tell him he should go to the party."

"Party?" Arlo asked, his interested peaked.

Jonathan handed an orange paper to Arlo, not saying anything to the stranger.

Arlo read over the paper, a smile coming to his lips seeing as Arlo adored parties. Especially halloween parties.

While he read over the paper once more, he mumbled a reply. "Yeah, yeah—you should go, uh—what's your nam—"

"Jonathan."

"Oh—Hey, can I have this?" Arlo asked, referring to the orange paper in his hand. Earning a reluctant nod from the boy, making Arlo shove the paper into his pockets.

"Jonathan, he's right.. Just come, I mean who knows, you might even, like, meet someone." Nancy was cut off by her own scream, being lifted into the air for a moment.

When she was placed back down it was clear that Steve was the culprit, making Arlo's hands nervously sway back and forth.

Steve Harrington. Great guy, so great, in fact. That Arlo had been having a hopeless crush on him since the sixth grade.

Arlo wasn't sure why he liked Steve so much, but he did know that his crush on Steve had ruined his friend group. He had unknowingly made the normally sociable boy, nothing of the sort.

While he had believed his unrequited feelings had already dissipated, when Steve placed a long kiss onto Nancy's lips. It was clear by the pang in his chest that they were still somewhat there.

So, as he ripped his eyes away from the pair, an involuntary scoff came from him. Disgust filling him as he refused to look at the couple.

Jonathan had also seemed disgusted by the couple, opting to leave as soon as possible. Not wanting to be a third wheel.

Just as Arlo was about to follow in his steps, Steve's familiar voice called out to him. Making Arlo finally look back up at the couple.

"Arlo, you going to the party?"

Arlo shrugged, his words not being able to push themselves out of his throat. He hated this, he hated seeing Steve and Nancy together. He also hated himself for letting his jealously get to this point.

"He is.." Nancy answered for him, confused on the lack of conversation on the boy's half. "We were trying to get Jonathan to come with."

"Jonathan?"

"Yeah—yeah.. Listen, I gotta go.." Arlo mumbled, not bothering waving as he turned on his heels. Ignoring the couple's goodbyes to him.

 Ignoring the couple's goodbyes to him