|| Chapter XXXVI ||

Start from the beginning

"I'm glad you could all take your time to attend this meeting. The information you shall receive now is incredibly dangerous and volatile. I wish you all pay attention."

Silence in the room.

Sarazaki continues.

"I assume that everyone here is aware of the (L/N) Family?"

"What kind of a question is that?" Endeavor replied gruffly. "Of course we all know the (L/N)s. We all know Madara (L/N). The greatest Hero ever."

Several nods filled the room. Ms. Sarazaki did not crack a smile, and continued to speak.

"We have received serious intel that the (L/N) Family has been involved in the heinous trade of cocaine and heroin across the IDL to the West Pacific, and unnoticed prostitution rings."

Murmurs rose around the table. The (L/N)s involved in something that dirty? It seemed that no one believed it. After all, the (L/N)s are regarded as one of the cleanest and most noble of families in Japan.

"You're telling us that..... they're involved with this Syndicate?"

"Not just involved with the Syndicate..... they are the Syndicate," the Chairwoman spun lies, drawing gasps around the room. "The Families have been tainted by inner conflict and turmoil unknown and unseen to the public eye. Leadership over the drug empire, so as to say. They have been the sole reason of all conflict and addiction throughout the world."

"That..... that is a serious accusation, Ms. Chairwoman," Gran Torino spoke up. "Surely you have proof?"

"What proof would you like, Gran Torino? This has come from our very own group of spies working inside the Drug Syndicate. Witnesses of (L/N) family members constantly entering and leaving these cargo ships. Distinctive red eyes of all their members. Scantily-dressed women entering these ships. Isn't it quite obvious? I'd like to say we were all quite late in figuring out something so simple."

"The reason for that being? Why was the Association so late in figuring out something so drastic?" Best Jeanist asked, and he narrowed his eyes. "We've been trying to intercept these ships for over a year now, but they just seem to get away from our grasp. Even Selkie cannot seem to find anything on sea."

"As I've said before Jeanist, spies were recently planted in their framework," the Chairwoman replied. "Just as you have been struggling to curb their rampage, the Association has been struggling as well. And now that we have a lead, you're doubting us?"

Best Jeanist fell silent when rebuked. Sarazaki's words seemed to have done the trick of making all the heroes feel guilty, since no one had been able to intercept any of the ships leaving Japan's coast.

"So what must be done now?" Ryukyu asked. "If the (L/N)s really are responsible for these crimes, then they must be stopped, right?"

"Of course," the Chairwoman said, and she smiled a thin smile. "We need to eliminate the (L/N)s for this."

A silence so deafening, you could hear your own ears ringing.

"Eliminate the (L/N)s?"

"Yes. We must do what we can do stop this channel. We cannot allow these crimes to continue to flourish."