CHAPTER 2

Is this how am Gonna die?!" I muttered in tears.
After all, my mum was right. The world is indeed a dangerous place," I whispered and lost control of my body.

"Is this heaven? Am I alive?" I muttered and slowly opened my eyes to an unfamiliar environment.

"Whe...where am I?" I stuttered as I tried to get up. But my weakness drew me back to the bed.

"Your Highness, please take a rest. Don't try to stress yourself, or he is gonna chop our head off," she said, giving me a cute smile.

They were so beautiful, with charming celestial eyes.

"I think I'm dreaming. I will just go back to sleep," I said with a serious face, which made them roar out in laughter.

"Thank you for saving our Prince. Are you getting better?" Mira asked.

For a moment, I thought they'd gone crazy, then I realized I was the one who was really losing it.

I had a quick flashback of what happened on the lake earlier, which brought me back to reality.

I quickly checked my shoulder and saw nothing. There was no sign of a mark or scratch. But I had lost energy, as I could barely stand on my feet.

"We are stunned at how your body got healed," Lora said.

"Please, can you both explain better?" I cried out. I felt they were saying something that was less clear to my understanding.

I had no clue how I got here but had a hint that the guy in the river was responsible.

"I'm Lora, and this is Mira. He was killed by our elder brother and thrown into the lake. We've looked and searched for him everywhere that is known to us, but couldn't find him," Lora explained.

Chapter 2

"You're lucky to be chosen as his blood mate. It's just like... um... how do humans call it? Yeah, fiancée," Mira smiled.

I was mute, unable to speak. All I wanted to do was to run away. I couldn't withstand the pressure of staying among weird people staring at me, narrating a fantasy story difficult for me to believe.

"Having the mate bond hurt a bit, right?" Mira questioned.

This time I lost it. "Mating!"

"We had sex? How? Who did this to me?!" I yelled in tears.

My heart raced and my temperature rose.

"No!" Lora exclaimed, bringing her hands forward while gesturing a calm down sign.

"He didn't have sex with you, dear. We are vampires. We bond with our partner through a fang bite. He would have drained your blood and killed you, but he didn't. What's your name?" Lora asked.

I was scared and afraid of getting eaten by vampires, so I chose not to reply to any questions they asked.

I wanted to introduce myself as Nina but had the urge to say Luna.

"I'm Luna," I replied.

"Such a wonderful name," Mira complimented and gestured with her hands on her cheeks.

I wasn't comfortable around the strangers in front of me. I begged to leave, giving a puppy-pity look on my face.

"I'm afraid we can't do that. It's impossible, dear. I wish I could help you out. But it's beyond my powers. There is still hope, and that is to confuse Lord Zeref," Mira said.

"Lord Zeref?" I questioned.

"Yeah, the Prince," Mira replied.

When I managed to be alone, I roamed around the room, admiring the looks of the well-designed furniture and the glittering silver and gold chandelier.

The whole place looked more like a royal tower.

I sighted a mirror and went close to it, bringing my attention to the necklace on my neck.

"I just hope you are alive, Dad," I whispered, squeezing the necklace in my palm.

"Why are you crying?" a voice asked from behind.

I gasped after sighting a familiar figure, right before my eyes.

"This must be Zeref," I whispered soundlessly.