Chapter 10: Survival

En başından başla

"I will say that your first name sounds awfully similar to a certain person from the Juukulius House."

"Wait really?" Alvaro gasped in surprise.

"Yes, but I think it's only a coincidence as your appearance is quite unusual."

"Yeah, I tend to get that a lot," he scratched his head.

"I'll give you a rundown of the events that occured. After the group of knights found you, they immediately brought you here. Your condition was pretty horrible. While they could only keep you from dying, the current best healer granted the title "blue" was luckily in the area. As such, he was able to heal you from the dire state of yours."

"Is there any way I can meet him? I want to thank him in some way."

"There's no need. If you really want to, then answer the questions I ask you."

I was saved because I held some sort of value. Makes sense.

"That's fine by me."

"What is your involvement with the Witch Cult?"

"I'm one of them." Will definitely lead to my death. It seems like I have involved myself with some dangerous people. Although I already knew that I have severely underestimated how notorious they are.

"To be completely honest, I don't know...why I'm here in the first place. I suddenly found myself here without knowing why or how. The next thing I knew I was on the ground in agony as I desperately clung onto my life."

The red-haired knew something was wrong with the black-hair young man in front of him. He would've outright assumed he was a witch cultist. However there were some factors that made him think otherwise.

First of all ever single witch cultist had commit suicide before they could capture them. While his situation may be similar the young man shouldn't have known that they were onto them. Another detail to mention is that he doesn't hold a gospel or anything related to the witch cult. They even went out of their way to question the people from the slums about him even though it's very difficult for them to cooperate. Nevertheless he will say the things said about him were pretty noteworthy.

Aside from his peculiar way of dressing, they mentioned how he seemed lost, desperately searching for something as if his life depended on it. Unfortunately he was only seen a few days before he ultimately disappeared.

Although he took most of the testimonies with a grain of salt when looking at him he could immediately tell, they were correct. His eyes looked like everyone else's, but there was a sense of hollowness to them. He looked like a lost child not knowing what to do. He needed a bit of more information to determine his next actions.

"Hmmm, is there anything else that you might know?" He asked, his fingers tapping on the table.

"I don't know if this is any help to you, but I briefly saw this madman ranting about the witches' love. If I remember correctly he called himself sloth."

"Like the Archbishop of Sloth!?" He exclaimed in surprise, eyes wide open.

The what?! This piece of information is extremely valuable. Not only is there clear evidence to suggest that the Archbishop of sloth is nearby, but the fact that there may be an explanation where most of the cultists come from. How come they were so willing to kill themselves? Was their faith in the witch that much? Perhaps, but if you think about it maybe it was because they had nothing to lose.

They lost everything or had nothing, leaving nothing but a broken person. Now, if suddenly a ray of hope came into their lives, what would happen? Ahh, now it's making more sense. So, this man in front of him was probably getting recruited by the witch cult at his worst moment, one of depression and desperation.