Chapter two

"I hope he's okay."
"Who?"
"Mark. He's trying to persuade Rina, she's the only one he wants. I hope she takes him back." Her eyebrows were furrowing as she gazed into the shadowed skies.
"Will," Stopping i nudged her chin up to look at me. "When it comes to love, true love; it always finds its way back."
Oh my god, that smile again. My heart swells as Im forced to pull my gaze away.
"You seriously believe in that bullshit don't you?"
"You should too," My voice is quiet, serious even as I try to bury my urge to force her to believe. "Love doesn't just burn, Willow. It's beautiful. It's worth the burn."
"That doesn't make sense."
"Love doesn't need to make sense but...it's worth it, always."
We stay there outside the door for a while before she laughs, tugging at my arm.
"Come on, goofball."

We entered at our flat.
Our.
I liked the fact that I could say that about us, that we lived together. I also liked, no adored it, when people would assume we were a couple because of it. In response we would laugh and tell them we were just friends, we would often have the typical "that's a shame, you two would look good together."
I think we did too. She was small at the adorable height of 5'4 and me an outrageous 6'4 but it was the fact that her head reached the crook of my neck and how if she walked into me, she would practically hear my heart through my chest because of her shortened height. I wanted her to know that, how fucking fast my heart would pump, how my entire body would scream whenever she was near; like a reminder of my affection.
If words didn't work, my pulse surely would.
I know, I know, Willow was right; I'm a goofball, a hopeless romantic. I can't resist. I like to think that there's someone out there for everyone and in every life you own; you will find that person again. It's like your hearts are connected. I like thinking like that. I love the idea of true love.
I hope Willow still knows of this. When she's ready I'll tell her properly, I'll tell her everything about my adoration for her. Everything.
"Dan," Theres a nudge against my shoulder, her slim arms hopelessly weak against my larger frame as she pushes me again. "Stop looking at me like that."
A blush flashes across my face; I feel my shoulders hunch, jaw flexing with the frenzy I get in with her words.
"W-What?"
A harsh crimson burn hits her face as she looks away. I somewhat smirk, covering the situation up with charm.
"I was just thinking about how gorgeous you look today that's all."
"Oh my god, shut up Danny." She rolled her eyes despite the grin that was now stretching beautifully across her face.
"I'm being serious, you're beautiful."
She shoved me again but this time leaned on me, her hands wrestling mine. She tried to escape from my reach as my hand grazed her neck in an attempt to tickle her
"That tickles." She pulls away, encircling her throat with both palms.
Her blue eyes were glistening exquisitely up at me, lips parting, smiling breathlessly. I could feel her hot breath lash up against my flesh. It brought shivers to my spine. And the way she swayed, almost as though she was drunk from looking at me.
The emotions were intoxicating and the way she was looking at me was so unbelievably sexy.
How could I possibly resist?
I gently eased in with my nose grazing hers until my lips captured her smaller ones. I then clasped her face to mine, one hand greedily grasping her hips and leaning her into me.
She kissed me back, fingers curling up into my hair. And I grinned, my teeth grinding against her mouth as my body igniting with my love for her.
She's kissing me.
Before I can fully grasp the moment she pulls away, holding me back with her fingers tying around the v-neck of my t-shirt.
"We've been over this, Dan." Her tone was firm though her face softened.
I stepped back, emotion lacing my vocal chords as my voice cracked when I questioned this with a pathetic "why?"
She held my hand and my fingers sat loose among hers.
"You know I can't do this Danny."
"You...you kissed back though."
"That doesn't mean-Danny, please understand."
I peered into the affliction catching fire in her eyes and pulled her into a tight cuddle.
"I do, of course I do." I sighed, concealing my feelings once again "I'll wait for you."