Bouns: 4 Finding Her.

Start from the beginning

I look up, closing my eyes as she cries out for me. I tried not to let the tears slide. It's getting so hard, to not just get her already. It's a relief that her parents are taking care of her so well and I don't want her to snatch away her family. If her family was not good, I would have already got her not to me but to a family she deserves to be in.

Just wait a little longer, baby. Then I will be there! Just a little longer.

I sighed in relief when I heard her stop crying and laughing again at something I don't know. Wiping my hands off from the towel I walk out of the secret room that was behind my office.

I walk straight to my pitch dark room, not bothering to turn on the lights, I could still see everything clearly, far better than a royal vampire would see in the light.

I took the small box that was kept on the side of the bed. I sat on the bed and opened it. I took out the small diamond bracelet, for my mate's delicate hand. It has little flowers, I don't know when I will meet her, so I got her a bigger one.

Kissing it gently I put it back, and go to my walk-in closet. One section only for her gifts. Christmas to her birthdays, her every small or big achievement. For the first time trying to talk to us, her first-ever word, her first step, the first day of school. I keep it with them, sticking a note and writing about her 5th birthday.

Taking out comfortable clothes, I walk into the bathroom to get rid of the painted shirt.

Just a little longer.

I look at the moon as it shines brightly in the dark night. Watching how the darkness surrounding the light is not to dim it but to protect it.

Only in darkness, does light shines the brightest. Maybe because it wants to claim it, have it for itself, even if it hurts so bad. Why?

It's not light that needs darkness, it's that darkness needs it. It is selfish, afraid another light might see it and take it away from it, only for its shine to dim.

I don't understand why people say, love is selfless. To me, Love has always been selfish. When you love something or someone you want to hold them, protect them, and keep it to yourself, only to yourself.

What's the point of that love, where you had to let it go. At what stake, afraid to get hurt. Everything you love will hurt you in some way or another, knowingly or without knowingly. It's just everything can hurt you but you can only get hurt by the one you care about.

So what's the point of letting it go? Without trying.

I snapped out of my thoughts, when a sharp pain shot in the back of my neck, slowly on my back, my ribs hurt badly and my arms began to shake and my vision turned dark. I stood up from the chair that was on the balcony and walked toward the bed with difficulty.

I stumbled but held myself up. Groaning in pain, I grit my teeth and slowly my canines came out. "Ric, stop!" I whispered gently to him as he fought for control. He growled in return.

I was sure the darkness around me could be felt far from the woods but I still had it under control.

I felt a starch on my back, my wings gazed out a little, and I pushed them back. Having no other choice left as Ric decided not to co-operate, I opened the drawer beside the bed and took out a syringe, Ric roared at the red liquid in my hand.

I didn't want to use it again but he forced me to, he fought harder. I extend my left hand, pointing the needle to my standing-up vein, I inject the liquid into my hand.

I saw my shirt got wet in blood from my chest, I lifted it to see, claws marks fading away just as fast they came.

He whines and whimpers, as I slowly get back my control. "It's okay, Ric. Let it go, she is safe." I said as quietly as possible. Because if something had happened, I would have known it was just his need to hold her.