Chapter 13.

As I hear more coughs and awkward footsteps, I pull away and look deep into his beautiful eyes, somehow I see all of the struggles he's been through and I whisper, "How have you been".

The reply I get is a hug and him taking me into the room across from the group.

There are whistles heard but by now we've grown used to them, in fact we find it funny. After Gally closes the door, he sits me down on the bed that's shoved to one side, near a window. As he sits next to me my heart flutters and I grab his hand for the first time in what feels like years..

"we are getting out of here, I don't care how but we need to. We are going to get to the safe haven that W.I.C.K.E.D have talked about in the Scorch."

"Okay" I whisper, not knowing what to say at all.

~~~

As we make our way through the maintenance room, we reach the Flat Trans. Gally has shoved everyone but me, Thomas, Brenda, Minho and Teresa through; but Teresa wouldn't be going through, she got pinned under a massive part of the building And has slowly bled to death...

when the last person is out and into the Safe Haven we take a moment to count heads and have hug and a cheer. However, Thomas just sits by a lone tree with Brenada, head on her shoulder.

—~~><~~—

so sorry at its been 2 months (!) since I uploaded, I don't have an excuse other than I'm shit at this. however I will be uploading more offen now, thanks for 3.1k reads! and again sorry, for the shortest chapter ever, I just needed to get into the safe haven and then we can pick up from there!