The family teamed up to repay the favour.

Xia Dong delivered to Chen Zhiyu for several days in a row, at first with coffee and dessert, and later with steak and pasta. The doorman told Xia Dong that the president had eaten all the food sent to him.

Xia Lao Er did not believe it at first and went over to ask in person, the doorman recognized him and told him to deliver it at 12:15 sharp in the future, which was President Chen’s lunchtime the 50 million yuan compensation arrived, Xia Lao Er had anxious and consulted many people, and his friends all said to reassure him that there would be no worries when Chen Zhiyu intervened in the matter.

He was the most powerful businessman in the world, Chen Zhiyu, the richest man in China, and the “father” of many people.

According to knowledgeable friends, in Xia Qingshu’s case, the payout was supposed to be 500,000 yuan maximum. So the 50 million was only paid out on Chen Zhiyu’s behalf.

In Xia Lao Er’s heart, Chen Zhi Yu is the living Bodhisattva, helping the Xia family to administer justice, punish evil and promote good, and is the Xia family’s great benefactor.

Chen liked Western food, so Xia Lao Er went to learn how to cook Western food. He and his nephew, Xia Dong, came up with the idea of opening a Western restaurant. They even have a name for it, “The Healing House”.

Healing = Zhiyu

He will bring Chen Zhiyu food for one day when he is around so that Chen Zhiyu can feel the warmth of home.

Xia Qing Shu was then speechless. It felt like this 50 million had bought Xia Lao Er’s life out.

But this was Xia Lao Er’s business, he didn’t know much about catering, so he just let him be.

Think of it as letting Chen Zhiyu try out the dishes.

Xia Lao Er was in charge of putting together the chef team and Xia Dong found the shop to decorate, both of them were practical people who did practical things and were soon busy.

But even when he was too busy to eat, Xia Lao Er would bring Chen Zhiyu his meals. Sometimes he would go in person, sometimes Li His wife would go, and if he really couldn’t find the time, he would ask a deliveryman to send it over.

Every few days, Xia Lao Er would also go over and interview the doorman himself:

“Does Mr Chen have much leftover food?”

“What is Mr Chen’s favourite dish?”

The doorman asks the secretary, who feeds back Chen’s post-meal comments to the doorman, who then tells Xia Lao Er, who improves them according to Chen Zhi Yu’s taste, and almost every time a meal is delivered, Chen Zhi Yu eats it all.

~

Chen Zhiyu ate different Western foods for a month, but Xia Qingshu never showed up.

He only knew to send food, not even a phone call or text message.

Chen Zhiyu thought to himself, “The kid is too simple, honest and silly.

He really shouldn’t know anything about what happened between the two of them that night.

Even if he didn’t know, Chen Zhiyu suddenly didn’t want him to read,  it wasn’t bad to be so naive and clueless.

That day, Chen Zhiyu saw an internship schedule on Secretary Li’s desk.

Every year, Chen’s Group would offer internship places to major universities, and the University of R applied for three places this year, one of which was Xia Qingshu.