𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘

Start from the beginning

"Isla, look at me. Baby, baby. Look. At. Me." A relaxing, deep voice spoke to me as I breathed rapidly, sobbing and choking at the same time and it sure felt like I was about to die. I wanted to die.

"It can't, can't be. No, no, no," I could barely decipher anything around me as some strong arms wrapped tightly around my body to stop my body from shaking.

"Baby, Isla. I'm here, listen, I want you to breathe. Just breathe okay. Let's do it together, one, breathe in, two, breathe out," I followed the instructions of the voice I was hearing, attempting to breathe through the tears.

"Get her away from me! Get her away please, no. No please," I whimpered as I felt a hand massage my neck, then my back, and within a few minutes, I could feel myself calm down.

"Yes baby, you can do this, breathe in slow, yes. Breathe out, that's it." I began to cope, my vision slowly clearing as I stared into the familiar grey eyes above me. They were tranquillising me, pulling me into a deep, relaxing hypnosis.

"Yves," I whispered as he stroked my cheek gently.

"It's me baby, you're okay. Come on, let me help you up." I gripped his shoulders tightly as he carried me and placed me back on my feet.

I wobbled a little but he held me tightly, his gaze giving me a silent yet strong assurance that he was going to be with me every step of the way.

Yves was my angel, my saviour.

He was the only person who taught me how to love again. The person that elevated me from nothingness. Saved me from poverty and gave me the best life ever.

He resurrected my soul, and loved me for who I was. He helped me live life with a purpose.

He was the man that loved me unconditionally, the man that saw the beauty in my flaws and taught me how to embrace them. The man who convinced me to do things I vowed I'd never do, like getting married.

He was the man who brought light to my life, showed me the small silver lining in the cloud and made me feel so special. He made me feel worthy of love. Introduced me to a completely different dimension of living and helped me adapt one of the best ways of living and beneficial habits.

Yves was a very special person to me, he was the only person in the world who truly owned and deserved a place in my heart. He deserved my love, the love that came from the depths of my soul.

"I'm so sorry you had to find out this way Isla, but your father died recently, Rhea was reportedly there. I didn't know until a month after everything. I'm so sorry for what I did-"

"Shut up, just shut up woman. I don't want to hear, hear anything from you. Not even your stupid sorry, my mother died, end of story." I refused to look her in the eyes, making a silent attempt to shut out all the painful memories that were haunting me.

Her eyes filled with tears as she looked between Rhea and I. Rhea had her arms folded, she felt equally betrayed. And the realisation that Rhea was my sister dawned on me and it finally made sense.

That aura she had, the special connection that we had, the same hair color. All the similarities that the family members pointed out in passive.

It was truly fate that I had been living with my biological sister all along, in the same house. The man who had died had been our father.

Who knows where she would've ended up if Sienna hadn't gone out that day, or if she wasn't compassionate enough to take her in?

"Rhea-"

"You lied to me too Mom! I thought you were dead, Mr. Yves told me that you ran away. I tried not to believe it, but you did. You abandoned Dad and I!" She sounded infuriated as tears streamed down her cheeks.