Omake: Love Frozen in Time

The love between Kevin and Elysia is an anomaly in the World Tree. But it exists, in this universe.

However....their love was one frozen in time.
—0—0—0—0—

"Will you give me this one dance, Kevin?"

Even dying, Elysia held out her hand.

Kevin, whose heart had become vulnerable, accepted her hand.

Here in her personal domain they held each other's hand, engaging in a waltz that went nowhere and only guided by the rhythm of the music which is Elysia's humming.

Seeing her eyes closed, a smile of resignation in place, temporarily broke the ice which encased Kevin's heart, his emotions becoming much more visible as their silent dance continued forth.

The dance was short, but to them it was an eternity, one they temporarily basked in before the inevitable came.

At the end of the dance tears fell down from face of the once-cold man that was known as Humanity's Strongest. Elysia opened her eyes, and smiling, she wiped the unstoppable tears with her hands, ignoring the cold chill his own skin gave.

"There there~ Crying isn't fitting for you, you know?" She playfully chastised.

Kevin didn't deem to respond to it. Because in this ephemeral world of her's, he was able to let out his cries, to let out emotions he had kept locked for so long.

He never wanted this, he never wanted to fight her. He hated this, he hated what he had to do.

For a moment, Kevin hated the entire world for taking what Kevin had.

It was only the sensation of Elysia's lips on his did Kevin widen his eyes and his tears that had been pouring halted.

Elysia kissed him. The action putting his mind in a state of daze and shock.

This was wrong.....but knowing what was to come, Kevin held on, wrapping his arms around her in an effort to make what little time they had last longer.

But eventually they separated, and looking at Elysia, he couldn't help but notice just how beautiful she was.

"Kevin....can you do me...a favor?" Despite the cheerful smile on her face, it did not hide the dissipating energy within her.

Knowing this, Kevin held on to her. Even as her legs were giving up he carried her off the ground and into his arms.

"...anything." he replied, trying not to break down once again but it did not help stop the tears from escaping.

Leaning into his chest Elysia whispered, "Our team....can you....take care of....them?" Her eyes, which had been full of light moments ago, dimmed, the brightness her eyes once held losing their spark.

Kevin failed at many things, contrary to what many people say. There are so many promises that he failed to uphold, and many people he let down.

But her request was different, Kevin knew. This time, he wouldn't let her down, of all people.

"I...I promise."

Elysia smiled a heartfelt smile, for she knew Kevin's words to be true. And for a few moments, there was a radiant glow in her eyes.

"I knew...I could count...on you." She let out a relieved smile."Maybe that's...why I....fell for....you."

Seeing her now and hearing her words, his emotions spilled forth again. A shaky hand once more grasped his cheeks. Softly her thumb wiped the tears from one side.