Sleeping

Hello again! Another new quickie to keep things active here.
I'm excited to release some of my older one-shots. I think I did good with some fluff, shorter fanfics. Soon I might start posting the heart-shattering stuff.

Anyways, enjoy!

Thunder comes crashing down between dark cloudy skies. Inside Kirell's home, the sky would dimly lit up her room every few seconds, sometimes brighter as lightning strikes around the city.

Kirell rolled around, sleepless due to the noise. But she wasn't completely alone. By the side of her bed, a single mattress was on the floor, where Hilde lays. Whenever lightning strikes nearby, Hilde would jump out of fear, sometimes making a little squeak.

Kirell rubbed her eyes, incapable of falling asleep, even though she wished to. She kneeled over and raised her head to check on Hilde. She saw her trembling as she held tightly onto her blanket.

Kirell whispers - Pssh… You ok?

Hilde's head slowly turned to face Kirell, as she stared at her with glassy eyes.

- I can't sleep… - Hilde whispered back. Kirell sighed, and then sat down at the bed.

- Me neither.

Another loud crashing noise broke down, with bright light coming from the windows. Hilde gasped, feeling startled.

- When a heavy storm comes around, my mom comes to my room to comfort me, and sleep with me… but I just can't sleep like this… - Hilde whispered, with a sobbing voice - …I miss my mommy…

- Oh, come on Hilde… it's not like you're going to die.

- That doesn't make it less scary… and, you're also awake…

Kirell sighed - But I'm not scared. The sound is just so obnoxious and loud. I can't focus on sleeping…

Hilde sat up, and they just stood around in silence, as the clouds rumbled over them. Hilde hugged her pillow.

- Kirell… can I sleep by your side…?

Kirell stared at her through the darkness, confused - Do you think we both fit on my bed?

- Come on… it's not smaller than mine!

Hilde got up, and sat down on her bed. Kirell felt annoyed of having to share her bed space, even if for the first time. She likes to sleep with all arms and legs spread out, leaving no space for someone else to share the bed.

- If I shove my hand on your face while you sleep… - Kirell warned - …It will not be my fault.

- If you do that, then I will leave. But I feel safer sleeping next to someone… - Hilde replied, picking up her pillow and putting it next to Kirell's.

Kirell moved back to the side of her bed.

- I don't think you will sleep well next to me.

Hilde layed down, and Kirell layed down as well, each one on their own side, but still close due to the small size of the bed. Kirell could feel a bit of Hilde's sweet perfumed scent, and a soft feeling of warmth coming from her.

- How come? - Hilde whispered.

- I move around… in my sleep.

- But you've never slept next to someone like this. Some people stop moving when they're sleeping close to someone.

- That makes no sense…

Hilde giggled quietly.

- I still feel safer next to you. I think I can sleep better if you're next to me.

Kirell's eyes twisted to the side, avoiding eye contact with Hilde, as she blushed.

- Stop… you're making this sound awkward…

- …Why?

Kirell didn't reply, then Hilde quietly sighed.

- …It's ok… you can just tell me you don't want to sleep next to me. I'll figure something else out. - Hilde softly said.

Then she sat down, about to go back to her own mattress. As the warmth sensation faded away, Kirell felt like her insides were stabbed with a sharp knife. She didn't mean to do that.

- Wait.

Hilde stared back at her, holding her pillow.

- It's just… - Kirell hid part of her face - …it's so close to you. It feels personal… doesn't it bother you?

Hilde shook her head - I enjoy hugging and being close to people. And I like snuggling… so it doesn't bother me.

- Hmm…

- Does it bother you though? It's alright if you don't like it.

Does Kirell like it? Kirell is normally not used to demonstrating or engaging in physical affection. But it's not that she dislikes it. She's just not used to it. However, she does feel an odd feeling and comfort around Hilde, and Kirell is too shy to admit it.

As Kirell was thinking, another loud lightning stroke not that far, overwhelming both of them with the noise. Kirell muscles felt tense, but then they relaxed as the noise faded.

- …I'm sorry. - Kirell apologized - I want you to stay here.

- You sure?

Kirell nodded, shyly. Then Hilde laid back down, while grabbing the blanket and covering them both. She looked at Kirell, with a comforting smile. Kirell could sense her warmth and sweetness yet again. Such a bothersome feeling…

They both stared at each other in silence, when occasionally a loud thunder would crash down, and startle Hilde a bit. Kirell would stay still, and watch her, analyzing her up close. When Hilde realized Kirell was staring at her, Kirell awkwardly would look to the side.

- …Kirell… give me your hand. - Hilde requested.

Kirell looked confused, but still stretched her hand towards Hilde. Hilde nudged closer, and opened her hand to hold her's, intertwining her fingers. Kirell's face grew warmer.

- It's less scary for me that way… - Hilde whispered, while closing her eyes.

Kirell let out a groan, but not out of annoyance. Whenever she was close to Hilde she would feel some type of comfort. But now that they're this close, she could feel an intense feeling of warmth coming from her.

Her touch was soft, and she could smell her soft scent of flowers. She also could hear her quietly breathing. Kirell's senses were slowly overtaken by Hilde's comfortable aura, pulling her closer, and her eyes were starting to feel sleepy.

- …You smell so nice… - Kirell quietly whispered, dozing off.

- …Hm? - Hilde questioned, unable to hear her.

Then Kirell suddenly got closer and slowly wrapped her arms around Hilde's waist. Hilde's heart suddenly started beating faster as she did that. They were pulled closer by the embrace, and the sleeping Kirell lowered her head to rest under Hilde's chin.

- Kirell…? - Hilde whispered, with a flustered face.

- …Mmm…

As Kirell groaned, Hilde felt one of Kirell's legs crawl in between Hilde's. Kirell was completely attached to Hilde, no sign of letting go.

Hilde didn't react, feeling astonished. But after feeling Kirell's relaxed body against hers, Hilde couldn't help but to embrace Kirell back, delicately brushing her hair with her hand.

Hilde looked at the helpless girl, with a warm smile.

- You mean so much to me… I love you… - Hilde spoked under her breath, cozily embracing the sleepy girl in her arms.