Did you get the last puzzle or

you and Clay go to the store, get some eggs bread a cantaloupe cause clay likes it and are about to get milk when some Karen looking lady comments on your painted nails.

"What kind of man wears (f/c) nails?"

"oh, sorry ma'am it's my favorite colour." you respond grabbing the milk and putting in the cart.

Clay glares at her and takes the cart and trys to drag you and the cart away.

you go and get other things you need to eat as you where low, and things you didn't need but definitely wanted, like chips and candy.

in the junk food Ile the lady was there again.

"Your nails are Gross!" she yelled, getting a little attention.

"ma'am why are you following us?" you say in a calm tone.

"Okay lady we get it you think painted nails means he's gay but whatever you think doesn't fucking matter get the fuck out of some random persons life and fuck off? like what's he doing to you? nothing? fuck off." Clay snapped.

he knew something like this would happen but he didn't think she would bother us by following us.

she didn't say anything for a second, gathering what she'd say as defense.

"now listen, you're just saying that to hide that he's gay, aren't you? I'm saying this for the protection of my children!" she yelled again.

the people staring started agreeing or disagreeing with her.

you didn't know what to do so you just put the chips in the cart and tried to hold back any feelings you had to get out the best you could.

dream and you went through the rest of the shopping trip just completely ignoring her.

walking around her and pretending she didn't exist.

when you got back to the car you started crying.

"hey hey hey what's wrong?" you hear clay say from the back of the car rushing to put the res of the bags in the trunk.

"I'm fine." you say sniffling and wiping the tears with your sleeve/wrist.

once clay gets in the driver's seat he pays your back, "hey man, it's okay, she's a bitch."

"I didn't think nails would attract any attention clay I'm so sorry-"

"hey, no stop right there, you already changed your whole style to not get noticed. it's fine, we got the food and we are going home, here."

he handed you an ice cream cone, "get buckled kiddo"

"you're not my dad" you laugh as you buckle up.

"wait, where did you get this and how did I not see it?"

"I got a box of some in the store you must have not noticed because of the lady."

"ohhhhh"

he hands you the AUX, and you listen to Doja cat on your way home.