| chapter forty eight. |

Start from the beginning

"Did you just roll your eyes at me?!"

○ ♚ ○

Yanagi is in his position as a middle blocker. This atmosphere, this match, this feeling made Yanagi feel like he was back in middle school. He's proud to have gotten this far with the team he honed from the ground up. Until he can meet new people and learn new skills for the Karasuno volleyball team.

The game started about 30 minutes ago and they played smoothly. Yanagi jumped up, ready to block Konoha's spike, but Konoha slapped the ball with less force than usual. It feels lighter and does not extend as far as the spike direction does.

Yanagi's gaze was drawn to the ball from Konoha's faint, which had fallen to the floor before Noya could receive it. Nobody could have predicted him being able to change the power he hit so quickly.

He looked back at Konoha who smirked at him. Yanagi chuckled. "Sly little squid."

This is getting more interesting.

Yanagi was already at the back, with Tsukishima in front. The match was heavily focused on both teams' aces. Furthermore, they are among the most powerful aces in Japan for high school students.

Fukurodani's chance ball bounced quickly towards Yanagi, and instead of waiting for the ball to get closer to him, he jumped up and hit him from behind. Making a loud sound after the ball lands hard on the floor, giving Karasuno an extra point.

Tanaka cheered happily, raising his hand to high-five Yanagi. The tall man responds before looking at Konoha, smirking.

The dirty blond haired teen scoffed. "Crazy sunfish bastard."

○ ♚ ○

"Konoha, do you think I can win against him?" asked Bokuto in between their time out. He sat wiping his sweat with a towel, but his sparkling eyes were fixed on Konoha's figure.

"No. You can't beat him," he answered plainly. "Especially with Kageyama by his side."

"How mean!!"

"But hey, if we fight Karasuno, the good thing is that Bokuto has never been in that mode," Komi said abruptly.

Konoha scoffed. "That's because he's considered Naoto to be his rival since middle school. That's why he's ecstatic and doesn't have time to switch into that mode."

"That's right. What a volleyball idiot!" Yamato sneered.

"Why are you guys being so mean to me today?!"

"Bokuto-san, calm down," Akaashi quickly calmed the captain. "Bokuto-san may be unable to defeat him, but that doesn't mean we can't, does it?"