Chapter 2: Turn Back

As my heels clicked against the wooden floor as I placed my hands on my hips and walked to the front of the classroom. I was the flyest new girl at Jersey Tech and had to give a report on self love. How ironic? But I had been spending nights at my man Jeremiah's house. I had nothing prepared but my nails & hair done.

I figured I could wing it because I applied myself when it was necessary. The class was at its quietest and all the seats were filled, there were nothing but twenty kids in my class after all.

My Professor "Miss Rae" was sitting at her desk when she said "Ms. Knight are you prepared to give your presentation?" I popped my gum on last time, threw it in the garbage, and shot her a fake smile and said "Of course, Professor Rae"

While presenting on self love, I was only saying what I wanted everyone else to hear. I had no idea what that really meant. I know what you're thinking "how can a girl as fly as you not know?" That's what I'm thinking! But, after a few blank stares and witty remarks.

I sighed and reluctantly asked, "Does anyone have questions?" That is when the finest man I have ever seen, stood up in the back of the class. When I say fine I mean he could put Nelly to sleep. Six foot four, caramel skin, droopy almond shaped eyes, a muscular build, he had a fresh Caesar with thousands of brushed-in waves, and his demeanor was so deadly that anybody looking at him knew what was up. "Miss Knight" I repeatedly heard in the distance after shortly realizing I had been daydreaming for the last minute. "Sorry, yes Professor Rae?" She said "Did you hear what Amir asked you, he said "Do you have self love?" As I nervously chuckled, I looked down at my 3 inch stilettos and around the class and I couldn't come up with an answer because I didn't have one.

As tears started to flow down my face, I asked the professor if I could leave for a second to wash my face. She looked at me sorrowfully and said "Yes Miss Knight" After going to the bathroom I looked at myself long and hard. I just cried, not only because I embarrassed myself in front my classmates, but I also knew I didn't love myself and I honestly couldn't fix that. Just so caught up in my emotions, I didn't realize there was someone else in the bathroom with me! All I heard was "Hey girl, are you okay?" With tears filled in my eyes, I turn around and see one of the most stunning girls ever, I mean she had the face, the body, everything she looked like a lighter version of myself. I said "yeah, I'm okay. I just had one of those moments, you know?" As she grabbed a napkin to wipe my tears, she said "My name is Simone, it's nice to meet you, here's my number, you can text me and we can become friends since we are both new here. I hope you feel better." I watched as she disappeared into the hallways of Jersey Tech and gathered my self, marched my stilettos back into class and noticed Amir looking at me but I hurried to seat up front because Shantae was presenting on Domestically Abusive relationships.

After what had felt like 3 hours, class was finally over. That meant I could finally see my man Jeremiah, it was our third year anniversary, did I forget to mention? Before I could leave, Professor Rae had asked me to stay after class to speak to me about what happened during my presentation, but I had brushed it off not trying to make it a problem. Professor Rae understood and just left it alone, thank god.

While I looked down at my phone to text my boyfriend, it had felt like I walked into a brick wall and my books and phone fell out my hand and as I looked up to see what caused the commotion it was Amir. Yeah, girl I said Amir. He looked so much better up close, I almost was lost for words. I couldn't let him know I thought he was cute, because I have a man. So I rolled my eyes. "Excuse me you're in my way, watch out next time" I said as we both tried to pick up my books. He smirked and brushed his hand across my cheek said "My fault lil mama I ain't see you there." He put his hand out to shake my hand, but I just stood their trying to gather myself. As I walked away, he said "I hope I get to see you around lil mama"

When I tell you I blushed so hard and could stop my dimples from sinking into my face! His voice was so calm yet so deep. I know you're probably wondering, don't you got a man? The same man you've been talking about all day? Well yeah, I do, but that brief moment we spoke for felt like I had known him since forever. Have you ever felt that way about someone?

The thought of Amir erased my mind as I saw my boyfriend waiting for in the parking lot with his new Nissan Altima. When I told you that boy always had the flyest shit, I meant that. I noticed he had a mere look on his face, but he had my favorite roses in his hand so I didn't pay much attention to it. As I ran up to Jeremiah I screamed "Hey baby, I missed you so much!"
He kissed me on the cheek, grabbed me by the waist and picked me up and hugged me tight like he didn't want to let go. As he put me down he checked me out to see what I had going on and you know your girl had on a pink baby phat bedazzled crop top with the stilettos to match with low rise dark denim jeans with my Tory Burch bag and some rhinestone bracelets to make with my earrings and necklace Jeremiah had bought me. He handed me the roses and I cheesed so hard, I could say I loved this man. He cares so much about me even when he does go over the top, but I don't pay that no mind my man loves me.