「𝐒𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 ⁑ VI」

"they say three
leaf clovers are lucky."

༻𖥸༺

a twelve year old satoru held the hand of y/n as she ran behind him. she stumbled over her own feet trying to keep up, but the little and quiet giggle satoru let out made her smile.

"satoru, where are we going?" the wind blew harder as they ran, however, they seemed to beat it by just enough to move.

"it's winter right?"

"yes, it is."

"okay, okay! now, I saw a three leaf clover in your garden."

what was he doing in her garden? actually, what was he doing here? she remembers hearing her father yell at the servants and maids to not let him into the estate.

but she ignored it, she was twelve and satoru happened to be the only friend she had.

but they came to an abrupt stop, and satoru smiled. he pointed towards the three leaf clover that seemed perfectly untouched in the chrysalis that was snow.

"it's... clean of snow...? how strange." y/n kneeled and reach towards it. her finger tip touched it and it wiggled as she did so. "they say three leaf clovers are lucky. perhaps touching it would help, wouldn't it satoru?"

he shook his head and kneeled besides her.

"don't rip it or anything. I wanna see how long it can go before the snow touches it."

she nodded and watched as the snow around them fell. but it never fell onto the petals of the clover. it only created a circle around it.

it seemed so perfect from the impurities of the world, so free and untouched from the horrible things she's witness. it seemed as though this little three leaf clover was as lucky as can be.

it held now flaws, no harm. no problems around the world could tarnish pure nature. and somehow she felt pity towards it. whether it was good or not, she felt pity towards the perfect thing.

"come on, let's go inside your room. it's cold and I'm freezing."

she only waved hand towards him. but he grabbed it and pulled her back. she fell into the snow and let out a frustrated sigh.

"can't you go in by yourself?! I want to continue looking at the clover." he sighed and grabbed some snow and threw it at her.

she only took it, and he started laughing. it wasn't loud to the point they'd hear them, but loud enough for her to hear it.

so she stood and pushed him into the snow and walked away towards where her room was.

that memory itself served a longstanding purpose in her life. however, when she went to see the clover the next day, she came to see it stepped on.

it was ruined, and she remembers being sad that day. that day also had other things she'd forgotten about for the sake of not wanting to remember.

but she does remember the joy, the happiness, and the curiosity she had that day. and much like that day, she felt it right now as she confusingly stared at satoru.

"why are you wearing a yukata? especially during the cold?"

he smiled widely at her. to which he only sighed when she waited for his answer.

"because I found it when I was 'cleaning' my room. it also reminded me of the time you wore one during summer."

"ah, yes... if I remember correctly you spilt liquid on it, so it is no longer wearable in such conditions." but, she smiled at him and went towards him to fix it. "this is out of your reach of clothing. but it doesn't seem far fetched either, I suppose you fit the noble steed of it. but satoru, yukata's are worn during the summer for a cooler affect. a kimono is what you want to wear, okay?"

"and do I have to follow those rules? I don't wear the same clothing you do. I also don't follow the same rules you do, either."

"no you don't. however, if on better terms with my father, you'd be unable to walk around freely like this."

"as if care. I'm trying to impress you, you know? your 'dad' can cry me a river for all I care."

"impress me? why would you do that?" she became embarrassed. she couldn't grip the fact that he was trying to impress her. much less do something so out of his path.

"yeah. do you not want me to? I mean, I can always change back if your totally offended by this." she shook her head pulled his yukata closed.

"don't. I like it. but we should get inside before you catch cold." gojo softly nodded and let her lead him inside.

"theres not much to do here, but it's want and comfortable here. so just relax okay? I'll go and try to find more blankets to want ourselves up." after that her footsteps receded as she walked away.

he sighed and stared down at himself. he had worn this thinking she'd be impress with his clothing, instead he got her to scold him for wearing it during the cold.

"I found the blankets. just lay down and get comfortable. also, leave some space on the futon for me."

after the blankets were put on, she laid down next to satoru. a warm look overtool his features when she snuggled close to him.

he propped himself up with his hand, he observed every movement y/n did. he smiled ever so slightly at the way she would poke at his free hand, or intertwine them only to undo it and smile.

but then he would often play with a piece of hair that was loose and twirl it around his finger.

although this moment was much different than the usual witty banter they bad, it was very much needed between the couple. and the soft, warm looks they gave each other was precious in every way possible.

"i love you, y/n." his smile was warm. a fuzzy feeling began to pool in y/n's belly as she just took in the words be said to her.

they weren't foreign to her. but they were also foreign. however she closed her eyes and pressed a gentle kiss to his cheek.

"I love you too, satoru."

that day wasn't as bad, considering he was with her all day and night until the next day. and even then he'd visit her again just for the sake of feeling the small wamrth she gave him.

༻𖥸༺
"a new kind
of love."