ninth: it's impossible

Start from the beginning

"Oh, I got Connors. I've already cured him once, so no big deal." the other Peter said, his voice sounded a bit cocky.

The other Peters looked at him.

"What? It's no big deal." the other Peter said as he looked at them both.

"Great."

"Yeah, that's great."

"I think I can make an anti-serum for Dr. Osborn. Been thinking about it a long time." the older Peter said.

As he said that, he notices Peter's conflicted look.

"We gotta cure all of 'em, right?" he asked Peter.

"Right." Peter replied as he shook the thoughts off.

"That's what we do." the older Peter then walks off.

Peter notices MJ watching him. "What?"

"Just... three yous." MJ responded, looking amused.

Everyone is hard at work.

"Can someone pass me a dropper?" You exclaimed, your eyes focused on the chemical you're working on.

You felt someone's hand beside you.

"Here you go." the other Peter said, handing you the dropper. You got startled but quickly shook it off as you took it from his hand.

"Thanks." you said, not looking at him.

"Sure." he replied as he go back to his station.

Ned rolls over to the older Peter.

"So, do you have a bestfriend too?" he asked the older Peter.

"I did."

"You did?"

"He died in my arms, after he tried
to kill me." he pauses for a second. "It was heartbreaking."

"Dude..." the other Peter whispered to Ned. Ned looks concerned. Will I do that too? He asked himself.

Peter works on one of the cures. He turns to you.

"Will you uh... run a diagnostic?" he asked you.

"Yeah" you quietly responded.

You refused to make eye contact and starts the diagnostic on Peter's laptop.
What's up with Y/n? Peter said in his thoughts.

As the diagnostics started processing, you look up, watching the scene in the lab. You saw MJ holds Peter's face in her hands.

Oh how cute. You said to yourself.

MJ then leans her head against his. Peter relaxes into her.

They're really perfect for each other. You continued talking to yourself.

- 3rd POV -

As (Y/n) watch MJ and Ned, the other Peter was watching them too, with a tinge of longing

As (Y/n) watch MJ and Ned, the other Peter was watching them too, with a tinge of longing. That's the kind of love he had... and lost.

The older Peter noticed him watching Peter and MJ.

"You have someone?" he proceeds to ask the other Peter.

"No. I got no time for uh, Peter Parker stuff, you know?" the other replied as he look at the older Peter. "Do you?"

"Uh, that's a little complicated."

"No, I understand. I guess it's just not in the cards for guys like us."

"Well, I wouldn't give up. It took a while, but... we made it work."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. Me and... MJ."

The other Peter made a face, confused- MJ?

"My MJ. It, uh... it gets confusing here."

"Yeah" the other Peter responded as he laughs, his gaze turn into Y/n.

"Maybe you already found your second chance in love." the older Peter said as he noticed the other Peter's gaze on Y/n.

"Oh, no, no, I don't think so." the other Peter quickly replied, shaking his head.

"I mean- this is another universe you know. It can't be possible." the other Peter added.

"Well we're both here, still think that it's impossible?" the older Peter raised his eyebrows, questioning the other Peter.

"I... I don't know."

"You know, you're just a little afraid and I completely understand why." the older Peter smiled at the other Peter sincerely as he pat his back.

(Y/n) then jumps up to her seat as she heard her phone ringing. All of them looked at her.