first: public enemy

2024 - New York

(3rd POV)

"Spider-Man's name is Peter Parker!"

Peter Parker's school photo appears on the jumbo-screen in Time Square.

"What the f-!" Peter exclaimed.

He crouched down on the streetlamp as he watch journalist J. Jonah Jameson on the jumbo-screen.

"That's right, folks. Peter Parker. A 17-year-old high school delinquent harboring a homicidal hunger is in fact the vile vigilante villain Spider-Man." Jameson announced.

"She knows him." one of the bystanders said, pointing at MJ.

another bystander joined in and asks, "Are you Spider-Man's girlfriend?" as other people started to join interrogating her.

"They swung in together!"

"Are you Spider-Man's girlfriend??" one aggressively added while holding her phone, recording the scene.

People started pushing their way through MJ, getting close to her. Peter quickly jumps down from the street lamp above to protect her.

"Woah, It's him! It's Spider-Man!" one shouted.

"Woah woah woah. Please don't touch her." Peter politely asked, holding MJ close to him.

The crowd around them started getting big.

"You're just a kid?"

"You murdered Mysterio?" some guy asks Peter and then turn his look to MJ "You helped him murder Mysterio?" he added.

"Uh no.. I didn't-" Peter replies as he got interrupted.

A lady, recording with her phone, move closer to them and tries to remove his mask.

"Come on, kid. Let us see that face!" the lady exclaimed.

Peter swats her hand away.

"He hit me! He hit me! Spider-Man hit me!"

"Woah!" the others react as they join filming him and MJ.

As the crowd getting closer to them, Peter decides to hold MJ by her waist and webs off. A man tried to get them by jumping but failed.

Peter, tightly holding MJ, swings frantically away from the mob.

"All this time, people looked up to this boy and called him a hero. Well I'll tell you what, I call him: Public Enemy #1."

Time Skip ──── At Peter Pan Pastry and Donut Shop

(3rd POV)

Peter swings down in front of a donut shop decorated for Halloween. Some passerbys eye him warily. He quickly enters the shop, MIT envelope in his hand. Then he spots MJ at the cash register in her waitress uniform. MJ holds up her own MIT envelope.

"Ready?" MJ asks and the boy nods hesitantly as they go at the back of the shop where they spot Ned sitting at a counter, he also has his MIT envelope resting in front of him.

"Okay.. ready?" She asked the boys, unaware, her boss approached them.

"Jones, I told you to take down the Halloween decorations."

"Actually that was Sasha, so-" MJ replies.

"Enough attitude, just do it."

"On it." She answers as she had no other choice.

"I feel like I'm gonna puke." Ned suddenly spoke.

"Well don't... because he will just make me clean it." MJ added.

"This is our only shot. It's here or nowhere." Ned said, his breath shaking.

"Hey, come on!" Peter joined in.

"Okay, you guys ready?" She asked once again.

"Yeah.." Peter and Ned said hesitatingly in unison.

"Okay. On three? One, two, three-"

The three of them took deep breaths as they open their letters.

Peter's face falls and then looks at MJ, she shook her head.

"Nope." MJ announced.

"No." Peter spoke and turns his look to Ned. "You?"

"In light of recent controversy, we are unable to consider your application at this time." Ned replied.

"This is so not fair. I mean, this is so not fair! I didn't do anything wrong. I mean, you guys definitely didn't do anything wrong." Peter exclaimed.

"Expect disappointment and you will never get disappointed." MJ added.

And then suddenly, Peter's phone rang in his pocket. He took it and check the caller's name.

Gorgeous (y/n) would like to FaceTime...

Seeing your name, he quickly answered it.

"Ember!!" Ned waves as he sees you through the phone screen.

"Don't call me by my second name!" You said, chuckling.

"Hey!" "Hi!" Peter and MJ shouted.

"Peter Benjamin Parker! How are you?! And you guys too, Ned and MJ? I saw the news just a while ago. THOSE LIARS!!"

"I'm sorry, I'm not there with you guys! I hate how I'm stuck here in London because of my stupid dad." you added.

"(Y/n) Ember Sinclair! It's fine, we're doing okay. We're going to be okay. You don't have to worry too much." Peter answered.

"Hey! How dare you copy me, I'm still older than you." you stick your tongue out at the camera.

"But seriously (y/n), just come home safely! okay?" MJ said.

You nodded with a half smile, your eyes still looking worried.

"You save them from a potential threat and this is how they repay you, how can they easily throw someone under the bus without knowing a thing." you said as you shook your head.

"Cons of being a superhero I guess." Peter mumbled.

"Oh (y/n), we just opened our MIT letters." Ned said, trying to change the topic.

"Really? I'm sure you guys are accepted. Gosh I can't believe my babies are turning college already."

"Rejected." Peter interrupted.

"What? Seriously? Peter Parker got rejected?" you replied, refusing to believe.

"Yep." he replied, popping the p at the end.

"Oh wow. Peter didn't make it, so how about you guys, MJ and Ned?"

"Same." "Nope" they both said.

"In light of recent controversy, we are unable to consider your application at this time." Ned added as he read the letter.

"Oh f-ck them!" you swore, annoyed.

"Hey, language!" The three of them shouted.

────────────

YEY! first chapter done :'D I'm sorry if (y/n) doesn't have that much exposure in this one, I'd like to build the plot first, which sets in no way home. For background and flow purpose of the story hehe. You'll meet your Peter in the upcoming chapters ><

See you on the next chapter!