Metroid Renegade

Man, was there a lot coming, this was more Metroids than she had ever seen. It was about that in the day for her daily Metroid Renegade, a time when she could really let loose and protect just about any of those many, MANY planets from the upcoming Metroid invasions. There had been quite a lot of those happening recently, her most recent renegade containing more than 150 Metroids in a pack. There were definitely more Metroids than she had seen before, maybe 200-300. Either way, this would be challenging, lucky for her, she loved a challenge. Being the only female of the intergalactic protection force, she had to pick herself up most of the time, when her teammates were too busy helping themselves to kill the enemy. She always had strategies laid out for every mission she went on. This one, however, would have to require a bit more thinking. Ok, so if I went closer to the center of the group, maybe I could get a cutting edge on the Metroids easier than being on the edge. This was just one of the many thoughts that stormed her mind as she prepared for this encounter. For over 20 years, she had to deal with these types of missions, always doing the heavy work for her teammates. But she didn't mind, not one bit, she was actually a bit used to it. She wasn't worried about the diseases that the Metroids emitted if you touched them directly, she always wore armor to protect herself. She was one badass bounty hunter, she went from planet to planet looking for what she could find when she wasn't busy working for the IPF. You know the funny about it, none of her teammates knew she was female, they always assumed she was a male and went on their missions. They barely knew about her zero suit, or her secret dating that she didn't have, yet. She wanted so much as to help the economy of Zebes and Tivus and protect them from any incoming threats. Well, that would have to wait, for now, she was going to kick some Metroid butt. She aimed her cannon directly at one of the Metroids and fired. That would scare them off, she thought. And it did, only a few of them thought wisely and didn't mess with her. That's the thing about Metroids, everyone assumes they are dumb but they do have a bit of intellect in them. They were created ironically by two birds, a species called Chozo, the type of species that raised her once a certain space pirate took her parents away. She grabbed one Metroid and ripped away the flesh of it in an instant. She was pretty strong, the rigorous training sessions the IGF gym trainers gave her were no joke. They were one of the only ones that knew Samus as a female. She hoped that one day, the entirety of the IGF would come to realize that even females could do the heavy work, but it would probably take another millennia for that to happen. Not unless she did something about it.She let her brain tune out, after all, she did these types of battles on a daily basis, and Metroids were not so hard to kill if you had the right armor. How would she convince the Intergalactic Force to help meet her demands? Well, she had a few ideas roaming around in her head, maybe she could hold a contest on Zebes to see which female was the strongest there, to show how capable they are of doing the same work the men do. She didn't have many other ideas, that one being the only one that came to thought, but she knew one thing, she would at least try to convince them they should recruit more females. She brought herself back to moment, and saw only a few remaining Metroids left, which she easily blasted to oblivion. Overall, not a bad renegade, maybe she had some time to chill and figure out what's going on in Zebes and, possibly, the rest of the galaxy. She headed back to her ship, the S-wing, a special ship designed for her to travel through the galaxy at extremely fast speeds. Before she could get the ship coordinated, she heard a buzz on the ship's control panel. Probably mission control calling back, she thought, ah, what the heck, let's just see what I have to do for them next. She pressed a yellow button on the panel and the face of the general supreme, as he called himself, had showed up on the screen in bright blue holographic. His face was filled with stubble, when was the last time he shaved? And his dark blue eyes reflected back off the screen with a glare that would easily stun an enemy by staring at them. Samus was used to this, however, and she waved hello to him to the screen without a care in the world about his appearance. He probably didn't get much sleep, then again, how could anyone get much sleep since the recent Metroid invasion?

He smiled and started talking "Hello, Samus, I see you are keeping your suit in fair condition, I take it you knew about the Metroid blood on your armor."

She looked down and saw the glowy green blood spattered across the chest of her suit. She had forgotten to clean up before seeing him." Sorry, Zork, I forgot to clean up, kinda hard to do that when your alarm system keeps beeping at you to pick up the dang call." She said with a grimace.

"Ok, whatever, look, there's an important task at hand, and if you do this right, you could save the entire galaxy."

As usual, Zork always loved to exaggerate things a bit too much, saying the entirety of the galaxy could be at stake. She was used to this by now, but she still felt responsibility for every mission. "Whatever it is, sir, I shall get it done. So what do I have to do this time?"

 He continued with a smirk on his face."Ah, eager as always, Samus, that's what I like about you. You're better than those stubborn inmates we have here, and you know how to get a job done without fooling around. Anyways, the mission itinerary is simple, Ridley was seen on the far side of the galaxy. Your mission is to find out where he is going and why. Can you do that for me?"

Ugh, not Ridley again, her worst enemy, the dragon who took everything from her. She hated him with a passion, and she knew he was only planning one of the most foul plays he had ever done. Still, she couldn't help but wonder what drives that mad space pirate to do such dirty criminally insane acts such as this. The commander asked again" Hello, Samus, are you there, and do you accept this mission."

"Yes, I do, sir, I shall look into it right away, just send me the coordinates and I'll be off to investigate."

"Ok, Samus, sending them now, and also, remember. You're the only person in the world who I confide with more than anyone else to do the work and get out. As I said before, give it your all and don't screw this up, or the entire galaxy could be at stake."

Sheesh, today he was extra pissed, so much emphasis for saving the galaxy. She nodded and closed the holographic screen. She had a job that needed to be done.