05. Pack Mentality (Part One)

SCOTTIE'S DREAMSCAPE -- BEACON HILLS HIGH SCHOOL

It was night, and Scottie and Alec were holding hands as the former led the latter out of the main building of the school and into the parking lot. Overhead, the fluorescent lights flickered ominously. They slowly ran over to a nearby bus, giggling all the way.

"Come on," Scottie said.

"Where are you taking me?" Alec asked.

Scottie, still holding Alec's hand, turned back to look at him with a big smile on her face. "Somewhere where we can be alone."

Alec chuckled softly. "We are alone..."

Scottie turned so her back was resting on the door to the bus, and she gently pulled Alec toward her so their faces were nearly touching. "Somewhere where we can be more alone."

Scottie elbowed the folding door open and looked at Alec suggestively. The two stared at each other, both still smiling, before Scottie finally turned to lead him inside. "Come on!"

Scottie walked until she was about three rows from the back of the bus before sitting down in the seat on the right side, resting her back against the window. Alec, deciding to tease her, sat on the seat across from her on the left side and stared at her suggestively, interested to see which of them would concede first and moved towards the other.

Scottie stared at Alec with a shy smile on her face, and Alec shrugged and smiled back as if to say, "Hmm, what are we going to do?" Scottie bit her lip and waited for a beat before she finally moved toward him and joined him in the other seat, bracing herself on the back of the seat in front of them as she leaned over and kissed him.

The two continued to make out for a few long moments before Alec started to unbutton Scottie's blouse, revealing a lacy bra underneath. Just as Alec started kissing Alec's neck, the hand braced on the back of the seat grips harder, causing her claws to start to extending, darkening her nailbeds in the process. She gripped even harder to try to control herself, slashing the leather seat with four of her claws.

Realizing she was starting to transform, she pulled away from Alec, keeping her head down so her bangs covered her face and the shadows concealed any Werewolf features that might be emerging as she struggled to control herself. Alec, still somewhat dazed from the kiss, looked up at her with half-lidded eyes and whispered to her, "What's wrong?"

Scottie stepped back and turned 90 degrees so that she was facing the front of the bus, now bracing herself on the backs of two seats with each hand as her breaths became even harder, keeping her head down as she spoke in a low, urgent tone of voice, "Get away!"

Scottie turned another 90 degrees so that she was now facing directly away from Alec, revealing that her eyes were glowing gold and her fangs had emerged as well.

"Scottie?"

As she panted, her brow became ridged, her hair line developed a widow's peak, and her sideburns lengthened and grew into mutton-chops. Alec stood and moved so he was standing behind her, looking at her with a concerned expression. "Scottie?"

Scottie, barely hanging onto control, begged him to stay away, her voice turning into a growl. "Get away from me..."

After a brief second, Scottie's ears finally lengthened until the tips were pointed. Unable to hold herself back any longer, she turned to face Alec, who was predictably terrified as he backed away, now panting for breath himself as Scottie watched him, her vision bleeding red around the edges.

Alec slowly backed down the aisle towards the door as Scottie just as slowly skulked toward him like a predator chasing his prey. Moaning in fear, Alec turned around and ran toward the exit, but Scottie was too quick, kneeling and grabbing him by the ankle before yanking him backwards toward her.