Part Eleven- Please Don't Leave

Start from the beginning

But something happened.

I don't know if Jinx moved Vi in front of her or if Vi moved herself, but Jinx didn't sport a new bullet wound. I knew what I had done as soon as the silence crashed down.

No.

Vi wobbled for just a moment on her feet as blood dripped down past her red jacket, staining her white undershirt. I couldn't see her face.

I shot her.

There was a moment, just a moment, where the world held its breath.

Vi's knees gave out and she toppled to the ground, her body thumping hollowly as she slumped into herself.

I was screaming, and I found myself on the ground before I could even blink, my legs burning harshly from the jump that I shouldn't have made. There was my house, burnt to the ground. There was Jayce's dead form, Councilor Medarda bent over him. There was Ekko, there was Piltover, there was fire, there was smoke and blood and bodies-

And Vi.

Jinx had her gun at the ready again, and for a terrifying moment, I thought she was going to shoot Vi a second time, to finish off her own sister. But then her hand went up and up and up instead of down and the barrel of the pistol was nestled into her messy, electric blue hair, tears streaming and eating away at her face. She looked like a nightmare, with blood and death coating her face, and now her own gun pointed to her head.

My eyes widened as I realized what she was going to do, and against every fiber of my being, I found myself reaching for her, begging for her to stop, hoping to reach her before she was gone.

"See ya around, Piltie." The words were coated in regret and self loathing.

Powder went out with a bang and collapsed just feet from her big sister, her blood on her own hands as the pistol clattered away, her empty eyes staring up at the desolate sky.

There was a cry somewhere in the world, maybe right next to me, maybe a building over, from a boy that had grown up too fast, with a heart that had longed after a girl even when she had gone mad.

I fell to my knees, forcing myself to push Powder and Jinx to the bare recesses of my mind as I scrambled desperately to Vi. She was on her side, and I carefully turned her over onto her back, a whimper biting through me as I caught sight of the blood seeping over her chest and stomach. It was a wonder she wasn't dead already.

Vi's silver met my blue, and my tears dropped softly onto her scarred face. She rasped a small breath, that ridiculously charming smile curling her lips. "H-hey, Cupcake..."

I let out a sob as she coughed harshly, her face contorting as she winced and hissed at the pain. "Careful, please, you can't talk, y-you're losing so much b-blood-" I bit back a wail and tore a piece of cloth from my shirt, scrambling to press it to the wound. But there were two, and both bullets had gone cleanly through. Vi's bandaged hand gripped mine softly, and I stopped, my breaths coming in heavy rushes.

"Caitlyn. It's okay."

No, it's not okay! NOTHING- is okay!

"No no no, Vi, please," I moaned, my mind in hysterics.

See ya around, Piltie.

"Don't go, stay with me, please, please, I need you-"

I promise.

"I need you, I need you, please-"

"Cait."

I sucked in a weak breath and cupped her face, pressing our foreheads together.

"It's okay." So calm, so loving.

"Don't go, please, please don't leave."

"I love you. So much. I wish we could've had more time. I wish we could've had our whole lives. I'm sorry. It's okay. I love you."

"No, no, Violet, Violet-"

A blood tainted kiss was pressed to my sobbing lips, and the hands that rested on my arms fell to the ground.

No.

I promise.

My heart dissolved into shreds.

"Vi."

Nothing.

"Vi, hey. Stop... stop it."

Her dark lashes stayed resting on her cheeks, not a single flutter of life to them.

"Vi, this isn't funny, please, come on," I whined.

Her face appeared calm. She looked peaceful. So beautiful, even in death. Like Heaven and Hell themselves, all at once.

"Vi."

"Violet."

"V-Violet, please."

Her head lolled, chest unmoving, fluffy pink hair limp in the bloodied dirt.

No no no no no no no no no no-

This wasn't right, this wasn't fair-

A bloody, inhuman howl brutally ripped itself from my throat, and I scrambled to hold Vi's head in my arms as I gasped for breath, horror consuming me. I held her close and screamed until my vocal chords shattered into her neck, the familiar and comforting pulse completely vacant, no swallow to shift the beautiful and intricately tattooed skin that held the mark's I had given her.

"Violet, Violet please, you said you wouldn't leave me, you promised, you promised! DON'T LEAVE ME!"

You- you promised... please.

"I love you, I love you, please, please come back, come back to me, I'll do anything, please, please, no no no, please, anything, I love you, anything, I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry..."

Violet...

You promised me.

///The End///

~~~~Thanks for reading! Remember to comment and vote❤️~~~~

DON'T PANIC QUITE YET JEHDISHSI THERES AN EPILOGUE COMING