Part Eleven- Please Don't Leave

Start from the beginning

I thought... maybe, you could love me like you used to.

I took another step, begging to her.

Even though I'm... different.

"I love you, Powder! I will always love you!"

"Shut up."

"You're my sister."

"Shut. Up."

"That will never change."

"Stop it! Stop it, just shut up!"

Hysteria filled my mind, my entire being right on the edge of a mental collapse.

Her name, is JINX!

It's Jinx, now. Powder fell down a well.

My name is Jinx! It's Jinx! Stop. Calling. Me. POWDER! She's dead, and you killed her! You killed her! You killed her!

Because you're a jinx! Do you hear me?! Mylo was right.

Violet. Please. Don't go.

I need you.

Violet, please! Violet! Come back! Please! I need you!

"You're my family, Jinx. Always."

——

There's a saying that some like to use when momentous things happen. Time stood still. And it did. It really, truly did. It all froze, and I saw Ekko holding his pocket watch, the figure of Mel Medarda kneeling and holding onto Jayce's cold hand beside him. There was something in his eyes that I couldn't quite describe, but as the world stood still and we looked at each other, silent tears tracked down his face.

A simple nod. One that I returned.

His hand holding the watch, poised in the air with the power and grace of a god, went limp.

——

Two gunshots, one directly after another. One from my sister, and one from the woman I loved.

Both bullets lodged themselves into my body.

I stared at Powder, my mouth open slightly as I was lit on fire from the inside out, pain crawling over my skin. She gaped back, the hand holding her pistol quivering violently.

"N-no, no, no no no no no, please, I- I, I'm sorry, I'm sorry-"

Don't cry. You're perfect.

I fell to the ground.

Caitlyn

All I could see was Jinx in those crazed eyes. They were pink, red with blood, red with anger. I had never met Powder, but even so, I didn't think she was ever coming back.

I felt my heart start to drown in emotions so strong I couldn't even make them out, and it only got worse as the psychotic teen stumbled away and almost tripped over her own weapon, a screaming fit overtaking her.

The danger seemed to be a bit further away from Vi, at least for now. The unsettled feeling never did leave, though, and so I kept my rifle zeroed in on Jinx.

My heart seemed to take a breath as a pistol was pointed directly at Vi's chest, the true name of her sister echoing from her mouth. I didn't hesitate.

But I wasn't fast enough.

There was a sharp crack, a sound I knew all too well, and something snapped inside me as I pulled the trigger, cruelly hoping that Jinx would fall this time.