chapter 4

Days fade into a watercolor blur Memories swim and haunt you look into the lake, shimmering like smoke rises the moon

-rises the moon by Liana Flores

Camille's pov 

I am currently sitting in my room talking to Darlene, telling her about mia.

my parents have decided for mia to stayand my dad has contacted his lawyer so we can file a complaint against her dad.
I am really happy that she is here.

"I can't believe you tased the fuck out of that asshole, I can't imagine you doing that" Darlene snickered 
"oh shut up Dee" I rolled my eyes at her antics 

I haven't told her about Aziel yet, I wonder if there's even anything there to tell it's not like we went out or something it's probably just me. 

"I have one more thing to tell you," I said meekly 

"spill"

"Uhm so I met this guy-" I barely got the words out and she screamed like a maniac 
" OH MY GOD yes finally."
"tell me is he hot? tall? has manners? oh oh did he-"

the fuck?

'' can you chill I was telling you everything before you-"

"stop stalling tell me"

"dee shut up for a second." I hissed.

 "Okay, sorry continue."

"there's nothing much to tell dee, we just talked business, I mean not technically business because you know I can hardly manage my library also there's Mr romano to help me."
''anyway, so he was with his friend or I think he was a friend,

"so they were talking about this bet and his friend has won so aziel had to buy him books."

''aziel, wow cool name" Darlene said 

"yeah I know right." the major highlight is that I was about to fall off the ladder and he caught me, which was super embarrassing for me.''
"Also it does not even matter I don't think I'll ever see him again so no point in thinking that." 

"Why do I have a feeling that you will cam?" dee intervened 
" because you watch too many k-dramas." I laughed out 

"well duh! drama is the shit babe."

'' haha well I have to go, I need to buy a couple of things for mia" I told her.

I ended the phone call after exchanging goodbyes.

I took mia to a nearby shop so she could buy some things she needs and after that, we went to a cafe.

Mia is a very shy person, she likes to keep things to herself, all the hurt that she has endured has made her the closed-off person she is right now and it pains my heart to see how a young girl like her who should have to worry about grades and other normal stuff, instead she had to worry about her next meal and a place to live. 

"Mia, can I ask you a question?" I spoke. 

she merely nodded for me to continue

"how long has this abuse been going on?"

she sighs

"ever since my sister died, she died at a young age we were playing outside even when mother told us not to, she ran off to the street where she was hit by a truck."  her voice breaks down and I rush to her side.

she sobs in my arms as she continues 

"it's my fault that she died, I was the one who dragged her out to play" she croaks out 
" After that, my parents have been blaming me and they are right it's my fault."

"it's not your fault mia, there is no way you could have known, it's terrible that your parents blame you, you didn't deserve this." 

she stays quiet for some time and then asked to leave. 

I sighed but got up anyway knowing that it was going to take time for her to open up completely. 

as we left the cafe, I saw a similar person making their way towards the cafe, I freeze on my spot as I see aziel approaching us. 

when his eyes meet mine, a small smile reaches his face.

it seems to soothe me and I return the smile.

"its nice to see you again ms..?" he asks me in his deep octave voice 

"Camille uh Camille jones," I reply.

"it's nice to see you, Camille." 

before I can say anything a lady runs to him and whispers something, to that he groans and shakes his head.

"I'm sorry for the interruption Camille, I have an urgent matter to attend to, but we should continue this sometimes, say on Friday? we can meet here at 7?"

"uh yes sure, I would love that," I say. 

I can't help but smile. 

"Perfect, I'll see you tomorrow, love." 

I nod and he looks at me knowingly.

I can't help but wonder that I have seen him before but I don't remember where.

.......................................................................................................

I haven't updated in a long time, but I'm back. 

comment and vote :)))))))) 

also for those who are wondering why is mia in every chapter, she has a very important role in this story, she is one of the main characters.