chapter 19- We Will Come Out Of This Alive

Start from the beginning

Scarecrow’s POV

I could feel Ashleigh presents retreating from my body, suddenly I could hear Ashleigh’s bladed heels spark across the ground, I was looking forwards to this. Suddenly Ashleigh’s lethal form came leaping over my arm, her bladed foot aimed towards the Ra’s Al Ghul wannabe’s face. The shadows weren’t their allies they were hers, her bladed heel sliced across his neck, soon her leg was hooked around his neck, she threw herself backwards causing him to be flipped onto the cold tarmac floor beneath him which was, spattered with bright red blood. Ashleigh stood there looking into the shadows; these men were willing to die for Ra’s Al Ghul and today was their lucky day. I grinned harshly as the shadows leaped towards us; Ashleigh jumped quickly and hooked her knees around one man’s shoulders, and twisted. She kicked of the man and allowed the men around her to see what damage she could do with minimal effort. Soon they lunged forwards finally gaining courage to fight a fight with fear they will lose. I hooked my scythe through one of the men and pulled him forwards I twisted the scythe and pulled away to see the man fall away from my bloody scythe. My blade sliced into the men around me, there bright red blood spattered across the shadowed wall. Each man I killed was matched by Ashleigh; suddenly someone got the upper hand. Suddenly a small slither of blood leaked from a think and useless slice across Ashleigh’s Blood Jean covered leg. She looked to the man who took the pitiful try at a stab wound and twisted the sword from his grasp, the piercing sound of bone crushing bone rang out, as the man screamed out in pain. Ashleigh’s bladed boot, raked up the man’s back as she flipped him over her hip. She down at the man who was clutching at his wrist, with the obvious and new disfigurement, her booted heel sliced through the air, and pinned the hands clutched hands to the hot tarmac floor. I leaned against my scythe and watched the scene in front of me, “he’s at the Wayne building. He want you back, he’s willing to kill the Scarecrow to get to you.” Finally her heel lifted from his clutching, disfigured and bloody hands. She looked at me over her black reflecting red glasses, she walked towards me. Her hips swaying, her body was a silhouette against the blazing red city; she was an image of pure deadly force.

Ashleigh’s POV

I could feel the warm blood of these so called warriors, seep through my clothing as I walked towards the Scarecrow. He removed his mask to reveal, his twisted and scarred lips curled up into a smirk, as he pinned his scythe to his back. I pushed the black glasses up onto the bridge of my nose, and narrowed my eyes at the Scarecrow, “you know Ra’s Al Ghul will be sending more men?” I moved my head to the side slightly looking at his rather amused facial features, “oh I know that, it’s just I’ve never seen you like this before.” I shook my head and smiled weakly, “it’s no time for compliments Scarecrow.” He shrugged and walked past me, and replaced his mask, “we’ll be meeting everyone at the Wayne building.” I nodded and turned around and followed the confusing man, into the ever growing heat of Gotham city. Soon we could hear the screams from citizens of Gotham City surrounding us, the bright red fire engines desperately trying to disperse the flames, faded and blended into the fire surrounding them. Soon the bright lights of the Wayne building came into view, and so did the brightly coloured characters who were also trying to save this city. Joker’s scarred smile spread out across his face, as we approached, “are you ready for this sweet heart?” the scarecrow growled loudly, causing the Joker to lose his noticeable grin, “we’re ready.” The Joker nodded and smiled once again, then his lips relaxed the screwed up into the corner of his mouth, as he looked upwards, “they want to join in too.” He huffed; both me and the Scarecrow looked up to where the joker was directing his annoyance, to see the black figure of the Batman, glaring down at us with his dark cowl, and next to him was the Red Hood in his glinting red hood and biker jacket. “Where here to help Ashleigh I know you don’t see eye to eye with both me and Jason but we need to save Gotham.” I looked to the Scarecrow who was removing his hessian mask, “I only have one condition, do not let Ra’s Al Ghul touch her!” he growled deeply, almost hissing as he gave Batman and the Red Hood their only condition. The batman’s eyes narrowed at the Scarecrow then he glided down from the ledge where he was situated, to tower over me and stand eye to eye with the Scarecrow, “fine Scarecrow, we play by your rules.” The Red hood clapped slowly, and flipped from the ledge. His pistols glinted red in there holsters as he walked towards us, “hello Toddy!” the Joker laughed hard causing Jason’s hands to ball up into hard fists. But instead of lunging towards him, he stood frozen and rigidly turned and looked down at me, “we have an idea of where Ra’s Al Ghul may be heading.” Suddenly the Batman’s deep baritone voice loudly called, “Black gate prison.” I could feel my heart hammer in my chest, as I swallowed hard. “We need to get there now, control the damage.” Jason added, but the feeling in my gut told me this was going to be a blood bath. Soon people I knew and love began to head towards Black gate Prison.

I grasped the Scarecrow’s arm tightly, my nails digging into his scarred and matted flesh, “please don’t go there, we can fight in another part of Gotham, please!” tears streamed from my eyes, as my chest constricted, with the pain of loss. He looked deep into my eyes; his black eyes reflected all I feared, his lips pressed against mine. My hands clawed against him, pulling him against me, I didn’t want him to die. He pulled away and cupped my face between his rough hands, “what are you afraid of Ashleigh?” tears flowed from my eyes, once upon a time my fear was me, but now it was something much more rational, “I’m afraid of you dying.” His lips pressed against my ear, as we stood in the blaze, “I promise you no matter how injured we are, we will come out of this alive.”