"What is the way out?" Danny mentally asked his body partner. His eyes flicked down between both sides of the hall and their respective turns.

He felt Red huff in annoyance within his mind. "I'm not telling you that."

Danny rolled his eyes and put his hand on his hip, he responded out loud but in a hushed tone. "It's either you tell me how to get out of this maze or I start going around and opening random doors, and maybe I'll end up finding out more of your secrets." He glanced down towards a random door that was maybe five or so feet away. "I don't have time for that, the sooner we get out of this mansion the sooner you get your body back." He said pointedly.

)-(

"-The sooner you get your body back." The ghost finished, Tim was still finding it weird hearing his voice, yet it was so different, like a mix of him and the ethereal voice of a teen in his head. But he shook that off. He did have a point. He couldn't just let him go around the manor and search all of the rooms, maybe there was a chance that he wouldn't recognize where they were if he just left. And there was also the possibility of him coming across Dick or Damian in their civilian clothes. Right now he didn't know any of the bat's identities and Tim wanted to keep it that way.

Tim could lead him out of the house without being seen and maybe even keep their civilian lives a secret. "Left." Tim responded, Surprisingly the ghost turned without hesitation to go down the left side of the hallway. Tim wasn't expecting him to trust his word that easily. Or maybe he could tell if Tim was telling the truth or not. The former Robin wasn't sure.

"left, right, right." He continued. The ghost was surprisingly very sneaky and light on his feet, barely making a sound. Sure, Tim was good at being silent, but this was Batman or Damian's level of sneaking. Phantom must have done something like this before, or maybe it was a ghost thing?

Tim was trying to lead him towards a back door, he definitely wasn't going to the front door, especially wearing his Red Robin costume. It was very common for reporters to just wait outside their front door to catch a photo of people entering or leaving the manor for some sort of new 'Wayne Family Scandal'. Tim inwardly rolled his eyes.

He felt the ghost's curiosity spike a little, he must have felt Tim -roll- his -eyes-. "It's nothing, don't worry, just thinking about something."

"You do think a lot." The ghost chuckled. "I can feel your thoughts racing." He stopped next to a corner wall and looked around down the next hall.

Tim paused. "You know, I can feel you calculating too, you keep looking around like you're paranoid."

"Why wouldn't I be?" He raised his -Tim's- eyebrow, under their domino mask. "Honestly this whole thing is freaking me out and I just want to get out of here."

Tim felt nerves pick up in the ghost. "Well if you answered Batman's questions we would have let you go."

Phantom scoffed. "I highly doubt that." Tim felt the need to speak up and defend Batman's intentions but he realized that arguing more would just lose time. He waited but the ghost still hadn't moved from his position, Tim was puzzled for a second before he realized.

"Oh, left." The ghost immediately continued off again. He continued down the hall for a few more minutes. They just needed to go past the kitchen and they will be home fr-

"Oh, Master Tim. I didn't realize you would be up here so soon."

---

Notes

Beta read by gamma_radio (ao3)

Ooooooh, busted! You can't escape Alfred, lmao.

I know that entrance to the cave from the manor is different from the comics. In some it is a grandfather clock in the hallway, in others, it is a fireplace, and sometimes it's just a random bookcase or painting. But I'm just going to go with a bookcase for now because I'm not sure what one I want to do. I just hope that I'm not messing anything up too much when it comes to the comics.

Also, there was an explanation for why Tim didn't tell Danny to use the Batcave exit. All the times they would need a passcode to get out either put in on the keypad or through one of the vehicles, either way, Tim would need to tell Danny the passcode, and that would probably be the same passcode for all of the security in the cave. Sorry if I get anything wrong compared to the comics. I haven't read all of them. :D

Please tell me what you thought of this chapter! I love comments so much and they always make my day when I see them! Love you all and have a good day! XD