Chapter Two - It's Not A Date

Hello everyone, I'm back again! Sorry for the wait, I have a whole slew of excuses, but I'm sure you're not really interested in reading them ;) Thanks for the all of the reads, upvotes and the lovely comments! You have totally made my week. I am writing this story for YOU GUYS so please do let me know your thoughts and suggestions in the comments.

This chapter is dedicated to @MaddisonVanDoorn thanks so much for the kind comment and, also, welcome to Wattpad!

You fight the blush threatening to spill onto your cheeks as you pick your way through the tables towards the back corner where the murderer... you mean... Dan is sitting.

Somewhat surprisingly, he stands up to meet you halfway. You wave shyly and try to give off your best 'normal person impression'. 

"Hi I'm -"

"Dan", Dan interrupts you smiling and you raise your eyebrows.

"Wait, what?", he says, confusion written all over his features. He runs a hand through his dark hair, as you laugh - He's almost as awkward as you!

"I'm Dan", he amends, gesturing to himself, "And you are?"

"Not as socially awkward as you apparently", you tease, and he nods grinning, though his cheeks are flushed. "My name is (Y/N)"

"Lovely name", he comments conversationally. 

"Thanks, my parents picked it out for me", you say, crossing your arms over your chest.

Dan laughs, and you can't help but smile back at him. A lot of people are intimated by your sarcasm, but he seems to be handling it just fine.

"Are you always this cynical?", he questions.

"I guess", you shrug, "More so in potentially awkward situations. Like when my friend and her boyfriend decide to show up late for our coffee date leaving me in the presence of a potential murderer!"

"That's you, by the way", you explain, uncrossing your arms apologetically, "No offence"

"None taken", Dan says and then he smirks, making your heart skip a beat, "But if I may clarify... this is a date?"

"No, no", you shriek, your hands flailing in front of you, "I didn't mean like an actual date, more like, a day, like..."

Oh god. What have you gotten yourself into? 

"You sure, (Y/N)?", he teased, laughing.

"Yes Dan!", you throw your hands up in exasperation, "We are not on a date! This is not a date!"

"Okay, (Y/N)... whatever you say", he winks at you and turns on his heel moving towards the table he was occupying moments ago. You follow him, shaking your head and trying to hide a grin.

"Here you are", he pulls out a seat and you smile gratefully as you take it, putting your keys, phone and wallet on the table in front of you as Dan takes the seat opposite you. "And now I will tip my invisible fedora", he jokes with a cheeky smile, miming tipping a hat.

"Thank god it's invisible", you play along, "I wouldn't be seen dead with a guy in a fedora!"

You both laugh at that.

"So", you say, fiddling with the corner of the menu, "What time do you think Ali and Phil will be here?"

"No idea", Dan shrugs helplessly, "But... um... should we order anyway?"

You glance down at the menu.

"Maybe just drinks while we wait for them?", you suggest.

"Great idea. What do you thinking of?"

"Umm", you skim the menu though you basically have it memorised due to your slight obsession with Starbucks and the fact that the coffee shop is just around the corner.

"Peppermint Hot Chocolate", you decide. "Probably less sophisticated than what you're used to but - eh", you shrug, "It's what I want"

"On yes, because Starbucks is the height of sophistication as it is", he shoots you a lopsided grin, "I'm going to get a Caramel Macchiato I think"

"Ooohhh good choice!"

He stands up and grabs his wallet,  "This ones on me, (Y/N)"

"Thank you so much", you say, but he merely winks at you before heading up to the counter to order.

Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing if this was a date...

Sorry if this chapter is a little bit dodgy or there are some mistakes in it - I am writing from a rehearsal change room at the moment :3 Hope you've enjoyed it nonetheless, please upvote if you think it's worth it and comment your thoughts! I'm going to attempt to update weekly from now on, but don't hold your breath. Thanks for your support, it really means a lot xo