"Okay. Hear me out..." Harley's hazel, honey eyes grew to hypnotic pools in an attempt to soften and persuade JJ. "Maybeee we can tell him tomorrow."

JJ shut her down immediately. "No."

"JJ," she whined prepared to string together a nonsensical speech.

"Nope."

Harley placed her hands on his solid chest. Gliding her hands up around his neck and pulling him close would have been easy. "Not even if I..."

"No." JJ's dissent seemed like a struggle but he pushed through. "We have to tell them. I'll be right there with you."

"Fine."

"Also."

Harley tipped her head back looking at the sky. "There's more?"

JJ nodded. "I think you should do some digging and see if Billie knows anything. You said Billie and kidnapper guy looked pretty cosy..."

"I didn't say that," Harley butted in to try and correct JJ, but he disregarded her comment. 

"...and she'd given him a brown envelope. If a shady envelope exchange doesn't scream secret, I don't know what does."

Harley watched Billie out of the corner of her eyes. JJ did love to dream up scenarios inspired by the countless action and mafia movies he loved to watched, however Harley couldn't see a flaw in his thought process this time. It was weird to exchange an envelope like that. Harley had never seen Billie do something like that with any other clients, not to mention their hurry to wrap up whatever conversation they had been having. 

"Okay." Harley focused back on JJ. "I can do that." 

JJ smirked, he kind of looked like he was proud. "That's my girl."

Harley rolled her eyes but let JJ plant his hands on her waist and draw her in. 

"If anything happens, use that landline in the office to call the Chateau. We'll be around." 

"I thought phones didn't work because the power was out." It was easy for Harley to forget that they couldn't use their mobiles, she often slipped hers into her bag or pocket just to realise she couldn't do much without service and internet.

"That landline should. It's old as shit, but it's corded."

Harley didn't even know there was a landline in the chateau, so she couldn't help but look at JJ in amazement. "Right. I'm not even going to ask how they still work."

"Don't want your mind to explode in awe or anything," JJ joked.

"Or explode because of how much you suck at explaining."

Harley giggled at JJ's dropped jaw. He completely wound his arms around her and brought her flush against him. Heat rushed up her neck to her cheeks as she glanced Billie's way. Her boss wasn't looking their way too engrossed with her task. "That wasn't very nice. You're getting pretty quick-witted."

"You have Kie and Billie to thank for that." Harley bit back her grin, JJ's lips brushing oh so close to Harley's. 

"Noted." JJ's eyes travelled left, before murmuring. "Have a good shift."

JJ laid a sweet kiss upon Harley's lips. So sweet, she almost pouted at how short it was. She was in love with JJ's kisses. 

"See you later."

"See you later, " Harley chimed although she missed JJ's hold as he pulled himself back. She waved at his retreating figure, then spun and skipped to the garage.