Seven

Alexa Ramirez

I stretched my arms and massage my neck. It's been a while since I saw Jayden. His office has been close for almost a week now. I glance at my phone and I was dismayed to see that Jayden still didn't send back a message to me. I've been sending messages to him since the day he went to Paris. "Earth to Alexa!" someone shouts in my face that brought me back to my senses.

"Jane! Why do you need to shout in my face!" I said as I teasingly glared at her. He just laughs out loud.

"You're zoning out again. You've been like that since the day Jayden went to Paris," says Jane while wiggling her eyebrow.

I looked at her. "I'm not. I'm just having a hard time to talk with some of the company's partner. And yeah, Mr. Cook wants me to meet his son too," I replied. I've been receiving e-mails from Mr. Cook asking me to meet his son. He even asks for my personal number but I just ignored it. I really don't like the idea of meeting new guy. I want to focus on Jayden. I will just stop when Jayden introduce a woman to the world that he is willing to marry.

"Oh, oh. He is Jayden's friend!" says Jane with pure excitement. I saw a hint of joy and adoration in her eyes.

"Really? You know him?" I asked.

Jane shrugged her shoulder. "Well, he sometimes visits here and stay in Jayden's office. They're like siblings actually. Jayden may have some issue with Mr. Cook, he is still close with his son," says Jane.

I nodded my head. I do understand what Jane is talking about. But I really don't have interest on getting to know Mr. Cook's son.

"I'm not interested at all," I simply replied.

"Yeah, everyone can see that. You are really into Jayden but he is too far from you," she said. I saw a hint of sadness that passes through her eyes.

I can't agree more. Jayden is too near to me but he is too far to reach. I cannot even touch a single strand of his hair. "I really want him," I sadly said. I really do. That reason motivates me to do things for him.

"You really do. You are stuck with that thoughts and feelings you have that you can't see people who truly loves you," she said. I just keep silent and let her talk.

Jane talked to me for a while before she returned back to her desk. I was about to start with my work when my phone suddenly rings. My heart beats happily as I saw the name on the screen. It's Jayden.

"Jayden, how are you? Are you eating well? Are you okay in there?" I asked.

I hear Jayden heaved a deep sigh. "Stop with all your nonsense."

"Nonsense? I'm not being nonsense. I'm just worried about you."

"Worried? I'm a billionaire! I can protect myself at all cost!"

"Jayden- "

"Alexa, I've been receiving messages from you and I'm not happy with it. I'm not pleased. Just stop and focus on your work," he said. I can hear annoyance in his voice.

"I'm just checking you out."

"Checking me out? You are not. You are acting like my wife! The fact that you are not my wife makes me mad!" he said. I can sense anger in his voice.

"Uhm- Jayden, I- I'm just doing what I think is the thing that I need to do," I said trying to hide the pain that I'm feeling. This has been his words to me.

If I do good things to him and check him on what he is doing or if he already had his launch, he will shout at me. If I text him, he will just ignore it. That's always the scenario. "Will you stop and just please leave me live my life!" he said before ending the call.

Am I really too much? Am I crossing the line now? I stayed in that state, that I was not able to finish my work.

The ringing of my phone once again made me aware of my surrounding. I picked the phone and answered the call without even seeing who it was. "Alexa! Hey, can you leave your office early?" asks my sister on the other line. Yes, I can easily recognize her voice.

"Nah, I don't think so, why?" I asked.

"Oh, I thought you can come home early. I just want you to be present before I tell the family the greatest news I have," she replied with pure excitement.

"Aw, you can tell mom and dad. I can't really go. I still have a meeting at seven thirty. Jayden already informed the person and I'm actually preparing for it," I replied. I really feel sorry. Of all days that Jade wants to tell her biggest news, she chose this day.

"That's understandable. I really hate that Jayden. He's been murdering you with all paper works!" she said. I can hear annoyance in her voice.

"Come on. Don't hate him too much. You might be surprised and eat that hate once he becomes my husband," I replied mockingly.

"Ah, you're dreaming Alexa. That isn't right anymore. You are obsessed with him and I don't like it!" says my sister on the other line. I heard my father telling something but Jade just shuts him down. Even my mom says something but was easily shuts by my sister.

"Hey, you're being rude to them. That's very -"

"And you shut up too. I'm not happy and I don't support you in all that act you're doing! You're just hurting yourself!" she said. I want to piss her even more but Jane told me that someone is looking for me.

"Jade, I really need to go now. Someone is looking for me," I said. Jade didn't say anything and just ended the call. I really pissed her.

Once I'm done talking to her, and approach Jane. "What were you -"

"I'm sorry, Jayden just called and told me to tell you that you need to be on time with your meeting. You need to exert extra effort to close the deal," she said. I furrowed my brows.

"Why didn't he tell me those ones when he called me?" I asked.

Jane shrugged her shoulder. "I'm also surprised when I received a call from him. He doesn't usually do that," she said to which I nodded.

I walk back to my desk and fixed my things. Why can't he act cool and civil to me?

---M.F.P---