Chapter 31

Very short chapter - apologies

About two days went by after Lily's funeral. I'd never seen the avengers so down before, especially Thor. Even though I never left my room all I heard was bad things about him.

But for your case, it was starting to get boring and you felt like going insane. The desperate need to go outside and breathe some fresh air, while carrying big bags of new clothes was just calling your name.

As those days went by, Loki had been visiting you every chance he got. He would come by for breakfast and serve you some food. He would watch you and make sure you ate. He would come by a random points of the day with books and new activities. He even invested in board games, which was fun. Sometimes Wanda and Pietro would come in whilst you and Loki were playing and join in.

But you had just one question. Why? Why is he doing all of this for you?

It was time to get the answer to that question. It was lunch and Loki just came down with two plates of food. One for him and one for you. He placed it on the table and sat opposite from you and began with explaining what had happened today.

"And then this, then that, blah blah blah"

"Hey Loki, I have a question?"
"Sure." He replied, lifting his head up in curiosity.
"Why are you doing all this for me?" He furrowed his eyebrows, clearly confused.
"What do you mean? You're my friend? Should I not?" He asked. You quickly reassured him and tell him that that was not the case.
"I mean, it's not that. I just want to know why you're going the extra mile for me, yknow?"
He nodded, still holding that confused expression. He dropped it and began with a story.
"I was once in your situation. I had to be locked in my room because nobody trusted me. I was bored out of my mind, nobody thought of bringing any entertainment. I would usually rely on Thor to bring me meals, but as he was always so busy I would spend days starving. I just want to make sure you don't go through that same thing." Suddenly you were filled with sympathy. You got up and gave him a big hug.

"I'm sorry that happened to you, Loki."
"No, don't apologise. It's all good now." He said, stroking your back. You pulled away from the hug and smiled at him. You went and sat back to your seat.

You's both began eating your lunch again, some small talk and stuff..

"So, how's Thor going?" You asked. You were genuinely concerned and wanted the best for him. "Not good." He answered with a sigh. "Why's that?" You asked, staring at him. "Well, he's not his usual self. His started binge eating and locking himself up." This news made you feel sick. The poor guy, he didn't deserve to feel such way. "Are you taking care of him?" You asked, Loki looked pretty offended. "Well of course I am. I'm obviously trying." He said bitterly. "Calm down.. I just wanted to make sure." You asked trying to ease the tension. He rolled his eyes. You let go of your fork and started into a void, clearly thinking about something. Loki took notice to this. "What are you thinking about?"
...
"You know so much about me, but I know very little about you."
He paused to mentally process what you had just asked.
"My past.. I'd rather not say.." You nodded, respecting his decisions. Now there was an uncomfortable silence.

You quickly found a way to break it.

"Wanna play UNO after this?"
Sigh.
"Pleaseeeee???"
"Fine. But you better not throw another tantrum when you lose again. Alright?"
"No promises"