Chapter 18

"Ugh.. my head"

You realised you were in a very familiar room. About six months ago, you considered this room as your home.

"Huh? No... no, no, no....."

You got up, hands behind your head panicking, hoping for this to be another nightmare.

You noticed you were in an orange jumpsuit, almost like a prisoner. (ignore the white circle)

You backed up against the wall and slid down, head resting on your knees

You backed up against the wall and slid down, head resting on your knees. Were you even surprised at this point?

Soldier: Well, well look who returned.

You were still sitting, you just lifted your head up and put your knees down.

Soldier: You will NEVER escape from us? Got it?

You didn't reply and just looked at the ground. He walked up to you and kicked your stomach.

Soldier: GOT IT?
.. no reply...

He kicked your stomach twice this time.

Soldier: GOT I-
Y/n: YES.

He chuckled. He kicked your stomach one more time then left the room. You fell to your side, holding onto your stomach while letting tears escape your eyes.

———

Avengers POV

Nobody could sleep that night. They were all sitting around the living quarters in their own space. Vision was still offline, Wanda and Pietro were crying on each other, Steve was cleaning Sam's scars, Bruce was sleeping on the floor whilst Natasha sat next to him dozing off. Tony was helping James with his damaged suit, Clint was cleaning his arrows, Lily and Thor were sitting next to each other, also dozing off. Loki was still standing on the balcony and staring at the sky.

Pietro could not take it anymore and just snapped.

Pietro: YOU!

He stomped off to Loki.

Pietro: WHY DIDN'T YOU PROTECT HER?

No reply. He was still staring at the stars.

Pietro: LOOK AT ME-

Loki turned over and was glaring at him. His eyes were red and watery.

Loki: Trust me, I tried.
Pietro: TRUST YOU? He scoffed
Pietro: WHY SHOULD I TRUST YOU? YOU ARE THE LEAST TRUSTWORTHY PERSON HERE-

Thor: HEY!

Thor got up and walked to them. Loki's head was still facing the ground in disappointment.

Thor: Do not speak to my brother like that.
Loki: Brother, his right..
Thor: No he is not. I trust Loki and I know he tried his hardest to protect her.
Pietro: Well he didn't try hard enough.