•15• authorfaraal

Here's creative writing tips from authorfaraal

•••

• Plan

The first step is planning your characters, plot, themes, everything. Even if you are a spontaneous writer, you need to plan the beginning and end of the story. And everything falls into the place.

• Research

Research matters a lot. If you are writing a historical or political theme book, you need to have accurate information to make your book look more authentic. Research a perfect plot and a background setting before anything. Then go for a name with beautiful meanings. Choose a perfect faceclaim according to your character's ethnicity.

• Create a character sheet

Another important part is when you are starting the book. You need to jot down every small detail regarding your character. It will be very helpful when you will write your book.

• Create aesthetics

I don't know about others but I feel like making the aesthetics of your book will inspire you to write. And also aesthetics are the promotion of your book. Many readers are attracted to the edits and aesthetic. Thus they can discover your books.

• Write for yourself

You are not writing for anyone but yourself. Write something that leaves a good impact on people's minds. Please don't go on writing a typical abusive male lead and a dumb female lead. No one likes this anymore. Love is beyond all of this. Love is not toxicity. Research more underrated tropes and write on them.

• Read similar trope book

Before writing anything, read a similar trope book. So that you can have an idea of what you are gonna write. Reading books will inspire you a lot to write. Personally, for me, booktok quite inspired me a lot.

• Writing mature scenes

It's completely your choice on how much you want to add detailed scenes in your book. Honestly, mature content in every single chapter is quite unpleasant. Give the character some break. Let them meet and talk and discover each other. Let them bloom in love. A kiss scene or an intimate hug is a treat to read when it's after 20 chapters. Not everything needs to be sexual. Love is not just about sexual relations, it's more of an intimate talk in the middle of the night. Also, when you are writing mature scenes, try to use metaphoric words to make them more steamy and passionate.

• Never stop writing

Never stop writing even if you don't have any readers. Because even the greatest writer has only a few readers in the initial days. Keep writing. Views, followers, and likes are just a number. Honestly, it doesn't matter at all. Just keep writing and cherishing your book. If you won't admire your work, no one else will. Never compare your likes and views to anyone else. They are in that position because they have spent hours working on their book. It's your time to rise and shine.

• Writer's block

Writer's block is quite frustrating. And how to overcome it? The key is never to stop writing even if you don't have any motivation. Write a few sentences. But write something daily. If you will take a break just for once, your mind will become accustomed to writer's block. And you won't be able to write even if you try. I am saying this from my personal experience. I took a break from writing. And now I am unable to write that story for the past five months. So my advice will be, Never stop writing.

I hope it can come to your help. Feel free to ask me anything if you have any queries.

•••

Thank you, author!