•11• Nabihaali263

Here's creative writing tips from Nabihaali263

•••

I am not so great at this but yeah…

★ Prologue!

Make it as intriguing as possible. New readers first of all read the prologue. They shouldn't go back before reading your book. And prologue is the key ingredient.

★ First words.

Play with them. Remember when a reader opens your book, and if they found your book interesting, the first sentence of your first chapter is where they decide if they will go till the end.

★ Plot.

Write what you want to read. Imagine your scenes and think about the consequences of that particular scene if lived in real life. That makes plotting a lot easier when compared with the things we go through. Even if plotting the whole story before starting to write is not your cup of tea, the opening and ending scenes should be decided beforehand. You will discover your own path throughout the story.

★ Punctuations!

The most important factor in story writing is punctuations. But that too is to be considered. Not too much and not too less. Like in the first sentence, I have put three dots at the end to leave it hanging, because three are sufficient. Don't go overboard by putting many of them. Same goes for others too, like too many exclamation marks in a paragraph disturbs the flow of writing.

★ Describe!

Learn how to describe effectively. Use simple descriptions with sensory details. Or you can use body language. Make sure you are not telling the story but showing.

★ Character!

Your character needs to have a particular habit or mood. Like I often tend to forget what my character's main purpose is and flows away while writing. Changing their behaviour and all. Try to keep them constant throughout the story.

★ Dialogues!

The more interesting the conversation is, the more intriguing the story becomes. Don't forget to put, ["]. Writing it without quotation marks. It doesn't appear appealing at all.

★ Vocabulary.

It plays an important role in gaining attention.

★ Schedule your updates.

Although this is very hard and we don't usually follow the timetable, your updates should be regulated. It is fancy coming from me because I myself don't schedule my updates nowadays.

★ Write when you feel it.

This doesn't mean abandoning your work for days. Make a mind and peaceful atmosphere to write, it will come from the bottom of your heart. From this point, I mean to say don't force yourself. The outcome is the worst, believe me on this.

★ Ending.

Don't abruptly end your story. Some of us often feel like we can't write anymore and end the story in a chapter. Don't do this. End your story gradually. Reveal all the mysteries. Don't leave a cliffhanger. Ask yourself if it is satisfying.

★ Engage.

I want to add this point because this has been my biggest drawback. I can't engage with my readers. Ask them questions. Leave a note. Ask them to clear your thoughts. Converse with them. After all the above factors, they are responsible for where they take your story.

•••

Thank you, author.