⚔️9⚔️

Once the demon was gone, you ripped a part of your Haori to softly tie it around the snake bites to stop the bleeding.

The two of you made it a very quick trip back to the estate to get Sanemi's bite looked at. The whole way back he insisted he was fine since he had thick skin, and nagged you about having faith in him that he's fine.

Of course, the cocky bastard was right. They were able to quickly get the little poison that was in his body out. Once he was fine, and they placed a bandage over his wounds, he had walked out of the estate with a shit eating grin on his face, spewing a bunch of "I told you so's"

"Yah shuddup would'ya? It's better to be safe than sorry." You said sticking out your tongue.

"But if I say I'm fine then I'm fine."

You stop in your tracks, and turn to face Sanemi so fast he was scared you could have snapped your own neck. "Are you dumb? You think I'm gonna do that?" You laughed. "Do you know how many times you've said you're fine, yet your walking around covered in blood in a slash so far in your arm I can see bone?! You're stubborn, and sometimes you're not fine when you say you are, so lemme repeat what I said before: it's better to be safe than sorry with your dumbass."

Sanemi allowed a small smile to rest on his face as he walked closer to you.

"So you think I'm a dumbass?" Sanemi quietly asks as he leans down and softly captures your lips with his.

"Oh my Sanemi! I didn't think you could be so gentle!" Shinobu's voice rang in your ears as you heard another voice chime in.

"Ah! Look obanai they're actually kissing! They're official now!" Mitsuri squealed in excitement.

Sanemi was quick to pull back, his face red with embarrassment as he grabbed your hand and dragged you to his room.

~~~~

It was a little later in the afternoon, you were helping to make sanemi's favorite food: ohagi.

The two of you talked about the most random things all while what Mitsuri said kept ringing in your head.

'Are we official? I mean- we've done so much together, and we're always together so it seems like we are, but Sanemi hasn't ever asked me to be his girlfriend..so what are we..?'

You were quickly snapped out of your thoughts with Sanemi yelling at you.

"Y/n! What are you doing?! We still need the mochi rice to be usable, not completely thinned out!"

"Oh..sorry, guess I was just lost in thought." You mumbled before you felt Sanemi stand behind you, his muscular chest against your back. His hands gently cupped the back of your hands as he guided you on what to do.

"Oh? What were you thinking about?" He softly spoke.

"Are we a thing, Sanemi?"

"I mean, technically we're two things; two human things to be exact." He softly laughed which made you shake your head.

"Not what I meant 'nemi. What are we? Are we dating? Are we just fucking? Are we just friends?What are we?"

"I would hope that we're dating. I'm not much of a fuck 'em n leave 'em kinda dude, 'specially if I have strong feelings for them."

"So then ask me to be your girlfriend."

Sanemi moved the wooden slab of mochi rice over to a different area before he came back, and taking your hands in his.

"If I'm going to be honest, you've been mine since that night. I just never put a label on it since I was worried you didn't see me in that same light."