"I know."I sighed pushing my plate away, my appetite vanishing.

He was right, I should have been honest with him from the beginning no matter how many times he assured me that everything would be okay.

"Then why didn't you?"Elijah asked me.

"I was scared."I replied honestly.

"Of what?"He retorted.

"Of you and how you'd react and I was right to feel that way. Eli you broke up with me when you found out. You didn't even give me a chance to explain."I reminded him.

"Can you blame me? You dropped a bomb on me."Elijah defended.

"No I don't blame you, you were entitled to your feelings. I just wish you would have let me explain."I expressed.

"I wasn't thinking straight. When you told me that you had something to tell me I thought you meant something like you used to have a boyfriend back in Nigeria or you weren't a virgin anymore."Elijah replied nonchalantly.

"Eli!"I choked out shocked by his train of thought.

"I know, it's stupid but what was I to assume?"He asked me.

"Oh I don't know anything but that. I didn't have a boyfriend and I've never been with anyone."I exclaimed.

I had no idea that Elijah was thinking things like that. Of all things he thought that I'd had someone else back in Nigeria. Where would I have gotten the time to nurture a relationship amongst me being sick, dealing with poverty, school and my parents dying?

"I'm sorry if I've offended you. If it makes you feel any better, I haven't been with anyone either."Elijah apologized looking a little embarrassed.

His revelation shocked me to my core and my face was definitely showing it. I knew for a fact that Elijah didn't date anyone else after I left but I thought he'd hooked up with someone. We were both virgins?! Now that was surprising.

"Can we go back to the original topic please?"Elijah requested feeling embarrassed by the current discussion.

"Yes."I replied agreeing with him.

What we had revealed to each other was important but we had more pending matters at hand.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you but now that you know, I'm sure that you have questions and I'm here to answer all of them honestly."I informed Elijah.

"Good because I have quite a few. Like for instance if I stab my hand with this knife right now will you feel it?"He asked running the blunt side of the knife over his hand.

"Yes so please stop it."I pleaded with him and he thankfully set the knife aside.

"How does that work exactly? Do you feel everything I feel?"Elijah asked.

"No I only feel what your body can't handle. If you're in extreme pain I'll feel it, like if you stub your toe I'll feel it but if it's something your body can accommodate I won't feel it. The greater the injury the more I feel it."I explained hoping I was making sense.

"That's why you passed out when I did and the reason you could tell I'd run into the table when no one told you."Elijah reasoned and I nodded.

"Yeah and its also affected by distance. If I was in Nigeria when you got hit in the head and passed out, I would only have had like a headache for a few hours without the passing out. But since I was closer to you, the effects were more substantial."I added.

"Can I feel your pain?"Elijah inquired.

"No, only I can feel your pain. It's a one way street. Nothing that happens to me affects you but everything that you do affects me."I answered.